Away Match Day Thread +++ 04/01/2019 Brentford v OUFC (FACR3) Match Day Thread +++

Dispite the recent poor form, anything could happen this afternoon COYY

What's his game outcome record? Seems like every time he has played we have lost horribly.
We haven't won a league game he has started in, 1 draw in 8 games he has started 7 losses. 1 win in games he has played, Rochdale and he played 1 minute. Also 1 draw in games he has played in and that was Doncaster where he played 2 minutes but too be fair got an assist.

His cup record is a lot better too be fair however they are against league 2 sides.

But a few posts ago you claimed “most of us don’t care anymore” about the cup!

Yep, if we lost today, but it meant we’d retain our league one status I’d take that any day of the week.

Also, most fans I’ve spoken to who are going today weren’t that enthusiastic about this game now, especially following the Christmas games debacle and our perilous league position.

So my response to Hanson’s comment about owing the fans etc is, I’d rather they repaid us in doing something in the league than the cup, but obviously both would be nice.

Last edited:
Good morning all, back in Dubai after the festive break, still cant believe I managed to squeeze in three live games and all of them ended in defeat. OUFC did its best to ruin my mood (not uncommon) but fortunately they didn't succeed, far too much food and alcohol consumed for that to happen.

Not sure at all about today, could be another embarrassment like Plymouth but I don't think so. A defeat, however is the most likely result for me.

Battling 2-1 loss. Nelson.

On a positive note, I still believe in the players and providing we bring a few others in this month, i think we will be okay this season. Jurys still out for me on KR, but willing to give him the benefit of doubt for now.

Just about to leave.

Meeting a Brentford mate beforehand, doesn’t seem to think Brentford will be taking it seriously. Certainly an opportunity.

Playing better teams seems to suit us as they will try to play football.

An optimistic 2-1, Graham with two assists and Henry scoring a brace

We’re just abysmal at the moment, so probably 2-1 to you, but most of us don’t really care anymore as the league’s more important now unfortunately.
Modern football is really s**t.
Most of us don't care? Tell that to most of the 1600 gping today.
Why shouldn't we try and win in the Cup? A win would help us in the league. Confidence is critical at the moment.

Yep, if we lost today, but it meant we’d retain our league one status I’d take that any day of the week.

Also, most fans I’ve spoken to who are going today weren’t that enthusiastic about this game now, especially following the Christmas games debacle and our perilous league position.

So my response to Hanson’s comment about owing the fans etc is, I’d rather they repaid us in doing something in the league than the cup, but obviously both would be nice.
Why is it either or?
I really don't get modern football. When Oxford went up 3 years in a row in the 80s we always has good cup runs.
Under MAPP we always had decent cup runs.
For a League 1 club supporter to suggest that the League is more important. We may as well not play cup games.

I see an 80th minute Sam Long header settling this - just hope it is at the right end

5 - 0 to Brentford to blow away their recent memories of poor form.

We don't need these games right now and hopefully the squad selection reflects that.

Back
Top Bottom