Home Match Day Thread 03/10/2023 L1: OUFC v Shrewsbury

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We’re playing with real style to our game. We also have strength in depth. Even without two key players we still manage three goals in each of the last four games.
What an improvement Beadle is on Eastwood. I can’t see McGinty getting a look in.
I was a bit disappointed with a crowd of 7212 tonight though

What an improvement Beadle is on Eastwood. I can’t see McGinty getting a look in.

With respect to some of the decent keepers we've had since then (as well as plenty of dross), I think he's the best keeper we've had since Whitehead*. Exudes the same sense of calm and unflappability. And his distribution is better than any keeper I've seen at this level.

(*someone is surely going to bring up Paul Gerrard.....but while his shot-stopping was stunning, I'm not sure his all-around game was as good.....)

Points achieved from opening 10 League One games for each of the last 6 seasons:

18/19: 5
19/20: 12
20/21: 9
21/22: 15
22/23: 11
23/24: 24

Average PPG for opening 10 games under the previous manager: 1.04 (over 46 games = 48 points).

This season PPG for opening 10 games: 2.4 (over 46 games = 110 points).

Can't wait for the season proper to start!

Also worth noting that we have the best goal difference in the division now; noone has conceded fewer goals (Pompey are level with us) and only Barnsley have scored more (Thanks to Vale clearly forgetting when the season was starting).

Nothing fluky about this start. We're just really, really good!

Just back what a great win tonight ,Another 3 points could it really be our year? We live in hope COYY!!

A rather boring 3-0 win!

Shrewsbury limited. Low on confidence evidently but improved as their subs came on. Sending off was just that.

McGuane MOTM. He kept us ticking. Our subs didn’t do as much as theirs.

Their keeper was dodgy all game and evidently got a bit bored. Leigh capitalised. Good work from GOD too.

Good night.

Back
Top Bottom