Home Match Day Thread 03/10/2023 L1: OUFC v Shrewsbury

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No game is easy good work rate good defending sharp passing can see one flying in from out of the box and Harris scoring going for 2-1 COYY

Do they still have that banner at home games "Breathe On 'Em Salop"?
What's that all about?
As unpleasant as when someone on the Tannoy at Rovers used to shout out “I can smell Gas coming out…” when their players ran out of the tunnel.

Last edited:
Teams with an as good or better goals conceded record than Shrewsbury:

Portsmouth
Oxford
Stevenage
Exeter
Lincoln
Blackpool
Derby
Cambridge
Northampton

Teams with an as bad or worse goals scored record as Shrewsbury:

Cheltenham at home to second from bottom Fleetwood tonight, new manager in place in Darrell Clarke so if they are ever going to do what they have found impossible so far and score in a league game (a Bristol Rovers player got an own goal in the trophy so is their top scorer this season) then you would think this is the night, but Shrewsbury only having scored more than the most toothless attack to ever start a Football league season (over ten games, 12 if you count cups, one of your players must be able to fluke one goal) should give even kip some hope.

I didn’t realise that we had two weeks without a game after Saturday, so the need to rest and rotate is lower, so I’d (personally) play:

Beadle
Stevens Moore Thorniley Leigh
Brannagan McGuane
Mills Rodrigues Murphy
Harris​
Two wingers who aren’t big on tracking back and two full backs who aren’t big on defending.

My pants would never survive the night, one way or another.

Goodrham Harris Mills
Mcguane brannagan Bodin
Leigh Brown Moore Long

Bodin has played ok, as normal he’s missed quite a few chances especially on Sat when clean through. LM must have seen enough so hopefully we will see someone else have a chance out wide.

What challenging for the second ball, do they shout ‘Salopy seconds’?

I do like their ‘turn it up to 11’ banner at the New Meadow. A legit Spinal Tap reference.
Oh god yes. Hope our security are checking for suspiciously large packages in their trousers when they enter the North Stand.

IMG_5627.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom