Home Match Day Thread 03/10/2023 L1: OUFC v Shrewsbury

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Think Bodin might move out to the left with Leigh playing LB. Rodrigues playing as #10 and Harris up front. Murphy to come off the bench for 20/30minutes. Would start with the pace of Mills on the right also
Yep, my thoughts exactly.

Is Salop the best or worst County nickname in the UK?

Is Salop the best or worst County nickname in the UK?
And you think Oxon is better........? 😂

The term "Salopian", derived from "Salop", is still used to mean "from Shropshire". Salop can also mean the county town, Shrewsbury, and in historical records Shropshire is described as "the county of Salop" and Shrewsbury as "the town of Salop".

The term "Salopian", derived from "Salop", is still used to mean "from Shropshire". Salop can also mean the county town, Shrewsbury, and in historical records Shropshire is described as "the county of Salop" and Shrewsbury as "the town of Salop".
I’ll take that as a maybe.

• Haha
Reactions: m

I don't buy that at all.

The sides they've played average less than 8.7 goals scored from an average of 9.6 games played. So less than a goal a game. They haven't played a side with any real attacking prowess (bar Stevenage - who put 2 past them).

If you only need 1 goal to beat Shrewsbury, as a lesser side (Carlisle, Orient etc) you're not going to push for 5 or 6 are you?

It's the same as us last season. Low goals conceded does not compensate for a complete lack of goal scoring threat - and can in fact be a by-product of it.

Please please please no to Bodin on the left! That’s going back to Robinson days. We are blessed with pace, let’s not start swapping out pace for a flicks and tricks with limited desire to fight back player. In Liam I trust! 🙏

I didn’t realise that we had two weeks without a game after Saturday, so the need to rest and rotate is lower, so I’d (personally) play:

Beadle
Stevens Moore Thorniley Leigh
Brannagan McGuane
Mills Rodrigues Murphy
Harris​

Please please please no to Bodin on the left! That’s going back to Robinson days. We are blessed with pace, let’s not start swapping out pace for a flicks and tricks with limited desire to fight back player. In Liam I trust! 🙏
Hasn't Bodin played on the left 2 to 3 times this season already?
If you trust Manning, presumably you will trust him.if Bodin plays on the left ( he has played Bodin at CF for 3 games, which KR also did on occasions)

Two games then two weeks off. Strongest possible 11 tonight and on Saturday please.

I think we’ll win tonight but I don’t think it will be a stroll. And I think Leigh will bag another for us.

2-1 to the yellow horde.

Hasn't Bodin played on the left 2 to 3 times this season already?
If you trust Manning, presumably you will trust him.if Bodin plays on the left ( he has played Bodin at CF for 3 games, which KR also did on occasions)
Yes but did not work
Complete lack of pace and never in the box

Back
Top Bottom