Away Match Day Thread +++ 03/08/2019 L1: Sunderland v OUFC MDT +++

I'm going for a 1-0 away win! #COYY
Radio Oxford from 2pm for me.

I would take a draw if only to shut the Mackems up but a late cheeky back heel from Woodburn coming on with 20 mins to go would be the icing on the cake........Will who?

Eastwood
Cadden Dickie Moore Ruffels
Brannagan Gorrin
Sykes Woodburn Fosu
Mackie

I think that we're stronger than last season, and Sunderland are maybe weaker. I would start with Woodburn and give him the brief to just run at their defence every time he gets the ball. Baptiste terrified them last season doing just that and I think Sunderland look a very ordinary team when on the back foot.

I'm going for a very optimistic 2 nil away win. We'll get under their skin and score early through Dickie before a late breakaway goal from Fosu. Most Oxford fans will stay the night making it our second incredible 48hrs this week!!!

I think the pressure will be on them, hugely. We're not expected to get a result there on the first day. First few fixtures, especially opening day, are highly unpredictable in terms of expectations.

0-2 Oxford. Henry gets one of the goals, as normal.

Eastwood
Brannagan Gorrin
Forde Henry Fosu
Mackie

Gonna be a very tricky opening game, but I'm going for a 2-1 win, with Woodburn coming off the bench to get a late winner!

Can't bloody wait!!
COYY!!

Forde isn't match fit as he has only been training on his own apparently.

Reckon we may just take this as a smash and grab. 0-1. I don't think Sunderland are as good as everybody thinks.

Eastwood
Gorrin Brannagan Hanson
Napa Woodburn Fosu

Stevens Long Mousinho Forde Sykes Henry Mackie.

Thinking behind Gorrin and Hanson in midfield with Brannagan is they sit deep and break up the game and allow Brannagan to roam and pick up the ball and run. When our midfield is on it we will be incredibly hard to beat.

0-1 Napa.

Forde isn't match fit as he has only been training on his own apparently.
Ah

In which case:

Eastwood
Brannagan Gorrin
Henry Sykes Fosu
Mackie

I'm looking forward to seeing Woodburn, but would rather he's eased in over the first few games, instead of throwing him straight in the deep end, and first game of the season at such a huge stadium, in such a huge game, might put him under a bit too much pressure straight off the bat, would rather give him 15-20 minutes towards the end, once the opposition defence tires a bit, and then fancy him to grab a late winner for a 2-1 win, after Henry equalises early in 2nd half.

COYY!!

Radox for us (Yellow player) Bottle of something fizzy in the fridge and anticipation high. If we get the tactics right I see us having a real chance. Maybe a 0 - 1 with Henry smashing one in following a Woodburn run into the box.

Eastwood
Mous
Gorrin Brannagan Sykes
Henry
Mackie or Woodburn

Opening game best time to play SFC away 1-1

if it's anything like last season they'll get an early goal and try and sit it out for the rest of the game. if it all comes together for us I reckon we could just sneak a 1-2 win.
I'll be working with rad ox on so have fun those who travel up there

So folks, waiting is over. And the panic attacks too I hope. We start in the far North-East where they speak a different language to us, But I have a funny feeling in my funny bone (nah, that's not funny) that we will never be able to teach them to speak Queens English. But we can give them a football lesson!
Despite half the team not knowing the forenames of the other half we will definitely come out winners tomorrow will a scoreline of 1-2. Scorers? Does it matter?

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Yokel?

I think we’ll get thrashed 28-0 with the last goal coming from a corner. They’ll send their keeper up cos they want to improve on their goal difference. It’s a delicious delivery right onto the keepers noggin, but Easty comes to claim and in doing so punches his head almost clean off his shoulders. Sadly as he’s slumping to the floor (like AJ vs Wilder) the ball bounces off his shin and trickles over the line.
KR blames the surface for being too flat and the officials for deciding to where bright pink.
The Sunderland fans go mental on their forum claiming the performance was not good enough.
Tell me it ain’t so!

Eastwood
Brannagan Gorrin
Sykes Woodburn Fosu
Mackie

Here we go , Here we go , Here we go.....
Hope to keep it solid for the first 25 minutes or so , deffo do not want a early goal for them!
And , then just start to play up to the front on the break and Mr Mackie getting into their heads bit ( As we know he can do that ) and A goal
early second half for us take the string out of the game , and !-0 to The Yellows!!!

Heading up in the morning from the Norfolk coast. Over five hours up there and over four hours back to north Oxfordshire afterwards. So I’ll take basically anything that isn’t a repeat of the Barnsley shambles from last season. Baby steps.

Very concerned by the lack of mobility and pace, not to mention a fit striker (for a change), and as such am expecting a pretty dull game from our perspective. Can see us just sitting in for the whole match and trying to snatch a counter chance late doors, with Hall coming off the bench and having a run for 25 minutes. If they get a goal in the first half an hour, it could be a long match. If we nick something, they might wobble.

Basically, I haven’t got a damn clue, but I’m sure looking forward to having a meaningful game of football to watch again!

It been a long few month without any meaningful football and up until the last week or 10 or so days it’s been very quiet with any news coming out of the club.
Losing Curtis Nelson was inevitable, I guess we were all hoping to keep Gavin Whyte for another season however The signings we have made this week have brought a bit more optimism for the short term and the longer future of the club.
The start we had last season is something that can not be repeated, every opportunity and every point counts in this league so the bad experience of the first 10 or 11 last term must be learned from.
Sunderland away is a cracking first game of the season for us, the Mackams have high expectations and on paper don’t really seem as strong as they were last year although they have removed some of the ageing players they have been carrying for the last 4 or 5 years so there may be a freshness in the team wearing red and white stripes this term.
Last season we completely dominated the game at the Staduim of light and the 2nd crucial goal to put us 2-0 up and see the game out never came and we had to settle for a point, a point that we would probably take this time around.
A 9.00am start for the 3 Lincoln yellows with a probable stop at wetherby services before completing the journey to Sunderland and back into Wetherspoons (The William Jamison) for the pre-match drinks and lunch...
Sunderland - 2
Oxford Utd - 2
Att - 32,698 (1,143 yellows)
See you there.......

Back
Top Bottom