Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peterborough will not finish in 6/7th position averaging 1.5 PPG.

That’s not an opinion, that’s based on statistics and facts.

It is an opinion. In 17/18 Plymouth finished 7th with 68 pts, so 1.5 ppg (69 pts) would have seen a team into the play-offs. Bothers me when people express opinion as fact, it’s eminently possible, if improbable, that Posh could finish 6/7th position averaging PPG.

It is an opinion. In 17/18 Plymouth finished 7th with 68 pts, so 1.5 ppg (69 pts) would have seen a team into the play-offs. Bothers me when people express opinion as fact, it’s eminently possible, if improbable, that Posh could finish 6/7th position averaging PPG.

Ok, it’s an opinion 🤣. I’ll have £50 with the first person that thinks Karl Robinson’s Oxford side will get into the play offs with 69 points this year. Put your opinion where your mouths are…

Ok, it’s an opinion [emoji1787]. I’ll have £50 with the first person that thinks Karl Robinson’s Oxford side will get into the play offs with 69 points this year. Put your opinion where your mouths are…

What price? There is a difference to acknowledging something is possible and thinking it’s likely.

I think Karl has polarised fans at every club he’s been in to and we’re no different. I think he could be a great manager for this level but the things he’s missing are really, really problematic for his own chances.

On a wider note. One very small thing I noticed yesterday at a break in play was how many staff members Charlton had going to the touchline giving out instruction, handing out water, medical bits and all the rest. We’ve got Karl, in a hoodie, and what looks like a couple of his pals from a few doors down. This embodied our whole approach to the season - we simply don’t look like a club that’s taking their promotion ambitions seriously in many areas. It’s all a bit too comfortable, lazy, scruffy.
Because that's basically what it is :censored:

What price? There is a difference to acknowledging something is possible and thinking it’s likely.

£50 bet for a charity of anyone’s choice.

I’m saying 1.5 PPG, based on history will not get you in the play offs in 22/23. If anyone fancies betting against that then I’d take the bet.

£50 bet for a charity of anyone’s choice.

I’m saying 1.5 PPG, based on history will not get you in the play offs in 22/23. If anyone fancies betting against that then I’d take the bet.

Anyone would have to be crazy to take that bet, it’s clearly not a 50% chance. But it’s certainly not a fact that 1.5ppg wont be enough

Anyone would have to be crazy to take that bet, it’s clearly not a 50% chance. But it’s certainly not a fact that 1.5ppg wont be enough

A friendly bet for charity? Surely those that believe in Karl will take a punt, won’t they?

Bookmark it…1.5 won’t be enough.

A friendly bet for charity? Surely those that believe in Karl will take a punt, won’t they?

Bookmark it…1.5 won’t be enough.

Ok, I’ll take it if you have the same bet with me on whether Oxford get relegated. I say they won’t.

Bookmark it… Oxford won’t go down.

Ok, I’ll take it if you have the same bet with me on whether Oxford get relegated. I say they won’t.

Bookmark it… Oxford won’t go down.

The budget and expectation hasn’t ever been to get relegated, has it?

Edit: No, we won’t get relegated with a 1.5 PPG over 46 games.

The budget and expectation hasn’t ever been to get relegated, has it?

Edit: No, we won’t get relegated with a 1.5 PPG over 46 games.

A friendly bet for charity? Surely those that don’t believe in Karl will take a punt, won’t they?

I’m just taking your lead and taking an eminently likely outcome and projecting it as fact. Who mentioned budget or expectation? Or 1.5ppg for that matter? I’m just saying Oxford won’t get relegated, based off facts and statistics.

A friendly bet for charity? Surely those that don’t believe in Karl will take a punt, won’t they?

I’m just taking your lead and taking an eminently likely outcome and projecting it as fact. Who mentioned budget or expectation? Or 1.5ppg for that matter? I’m just saying Oxford won’t get relegated, based off facts and statistics.

Egg mentioned that 1.5 PPG would have us in 6/7th, currently.

I then said based on stats and facts* we won’t achieve a play off place based on 1.5PPG.

*in hindsight, 2 teams in 11/12 seasons have sneaked into the play offs with 68/69 points. Therefore, we’ll consign that to the opinion archive.

I’ve mentioned both budget and expectation…I’m not sure 1.5PPG will meet it.

This thread has no redeeming features and frankly, very little point. What is written here makes not one difference, and does very little to 'unite' supporters. Everyone has an opinion, but here are some facts.
The forum does not influence outcomes.
There are no contributions that influence the league table
No one knows the full picture (despite the protestations of the ITK folk)
Decisions about KR and his future will not be made by the customers (Fans)
We don't have to like the situation, but we do have to accept it. And why? read the above.

Vent all you want but you are making absolutely no difference

This thread has no redeeming features and frankly, very little point. What is written here makes not one difference, and does very little to 'unite' supporters. Everyone has an opinion, but here are some facts.
We don't have to like the situation, but we do have to accept it. And why? read the above.

Only those willing to part with their hard earned to follow the team, buy the shirts or subscribe to ifollow.

‘customers’ actually don’t have to accept anything before parting with their money.

Don’t wish to sound controversial but that’s certainly how I see it. Every supporter/follower of OUFC has a choice and not all of them will be mugs and go to every game like some of us.

Getting away from the pathetic name calling from some of our posters, I can understand the frustration that leads to people posting on here following a defeat. Everyone wants successful, entertaining football and there hasn't been a lot of that this season. So whilst I don't always agree with what some post, I at least respect the sensible posters that call for a change.

But I can't get how a few hours after the game we have got posters rushing in to slag off the manager and anyone who has a differing view to themselves.

Let's not get carried away, but we've just seen a win with a very good first half performance and a battling second half to get a much needed 3 points. There was a 30 minute spell when Josh Murphy was unplayable, and there still may be a chance for him to prove that his transfer was a good one after all. Lewis Bate has been getting better and better and is now a crucial member of our midfield. Djavan Anderson was also very good for the first hour (and a bit of a liability after!) and, whilst still developing, Ed McGinty had his best game for us with a save that kept us in the game at 2-1. Yanic Wildschut is showing glimpses of what he's capable of, although still some way from being fully fit, and Billy Bodin is this years Mide Shodipo in that he doesn't always look great but is somehow scoring a decent number of goals.

No chickens being counted just yet, but maybe we are beginning to see some of our key signings making an impact which can only be good for this club. Added to that the opportunity to bring in a couple of additional players, and the development of GO'D and Tyler and we have some grass shoots of optimism for the future. It's unlikely but still possible that we could get something from this season, and every reason to look to build ahead of next season.

I don't expect everyone to fall in love with Karl again or there to be a groundswell of applications for Happy Clappers but some of the vitriol towards all things Oxford just seems a bit bizarre, especially when looking back at some really horrific periods in our not too distant past.

Hopefully 2023 will be a better year for all of us both on and off the pitch and we can find some unite in achieving everything that we want.
What about Gobbo though?

1. They very much could be. Do you not think if attendances dropped massively or games were delayed by protests it wouldn't make a difference? I'm not saying that will happen of course but the idea that football fans play no role in the dismissals of managers is totally untrue.

2. We do not "have to accept it". I have chosen not to go to games. Some others maybe have too. Others may simply go to fewer games.

3. This forum very arguably influences no outcomes. It's an internet football forum. It's very point is for fans to discuss club matters, no staff member has ever claimed the purpose of discussions on here is to "influence outcomes". We come here to chat, vent, discuss, hypothesise. You seem not to understand the core point of a football forum. You are under no obligation to read this thread, people coming on here to give their opinions is exactly what this forum is about.

4. I don't care that I'm not making a difference. It is cathartic to discuss, ponder, express emotion.

5. No one knows the full picture (arguably) but some ITK folk on here do see a much bigger slice of the full picture than a regular fan does. It is interesting that most of those people are not exactly positive about KR.

6. Robbo out, innit.

• React
Reactions: ljs
I like Karl’s animated touchline antics. At least you’re never in doubt that he cares. But it wouldn’t kill him to wear a shirt on Saturday’s…. Once upon a time he did and professionalism is a big part of the game. Perhaps a sign of the slide in standards. Just one thing he could change overnight that would quickly demonstrate he really values his work here.
You'll be wanting his bloody waistcoat back next!

I’ve always been a fan of Robinson, I believe he’s done loads for our community and fanbase - as an example during Covid he was unbelievably good, the sad passing of Joey and Mickey showed again his brilliant knowledge/awareness of our fan base and what it meant to the club.
Unfortunately, despite the Charlton win, I do believe he needs to go - there are numerous reasons but mainly because he has divided the fanbase with some questionable on and off field decisions.
The P**s poor transfer window and signing/frittering budget on crocks, however the biggest issue for me is his lack of tactical nous, he doesn’t change formations when we’re struggling in matches, he makes similar subs in every match and is easily out thought
Against Ipswich it was obvious after the second goal we werent competing but he would not change the formation, it’s criminal to play Matty as a lone striker - everyone can see it doesn’t work but he persists!!!

I would hate for him to be hounded out and would like to see some semblance of a dignified exit but don’t believe he’ll walk, a couple of poor losses could see vast majority turn on him

Given that Charlton finished 6th (the last playoff spot) with 71 points, what you've claimed isn't true.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom