Manager/Coach Rumour: Robbo to Bournemouth?

They’re both good managers, Karl is clever at developing players but can be outfoxed by cunning formations. They’re both good at spotting and fixing problems. The main difference is that App has an imposing presence whereas Karl is a gobshite and as result is maybe not taken as seriously.

They’re both good managers, Karl is clever at developing players but can be outfoxed by cunning formations. They’re both good at spotting and fixing problems. The main difference is that App has an imposing presence whereas Karl is a gobshite and as result is maybe not taken as seriously.
and MApp has the best tatts ;)

So what? Mapp looks like a Neanderthal. That doesn’t count for anything on a football pitch.

He is a snake. He is a money grabbing snake. He will leave Lincoln in the same way he left us, as soon as he gets the slightest sniff of more money.

Insane. He did so much for us- that team was hands down the best team to watch of the recent era. We blew teams away. We played superlative football. With hindsight we can see that the team was Championship standard and we had it in League 2.

Him taking that Leicester job was totally understandable but massively disappointing. Would you like to work in the Premier League for a s**t load more money after building a brilliant managerial reputation in League 2?

It's nonsense to call him a snake. Absolute shite, actually.

Apps was very well backed , shown a shed load of patience in the beginning of his tenure with us and built us a great football team , two Wembley trips and a fab team that got promoted with some quality players .
Very unfortunate he left at seemingly the first sign of any issue ,I think he owed us one more season personally but the Leicester role came up so money wise understandable.
Robbo has done absolutely loads in building two great teams and becoming completely involved with the club from top to bottom, we have been lucky to have such a passionate guy in charge I personally think.

MAPP was brilliant, we all know that. However he made many mistakes like everyone does. Bring in John Campbell, ship out Danny Hylton. Far outweighed by many terrific signings. His era is over, it's KRs time and I think we are all pleased about that.

MAPP was brilliant, we all know that. However he made many mistakes like everyone does. Bring in John Campbell, ship out Danny Hylton. Far outweighed by many terrific signings.

Suspect his hands were tied with Danny Hylton re: the length of contract he could offer.

I have a greater problem with his falling out with Liam Sercombe, then selling him, in the full knowledge he was looking at other jobs. That's a bit disingenuous in my book. At least he secured a small fee, but nonetheless at the time I thought Sercombe still had plenty to offer.

I too think Appleton walked when the going got too tough with a job half done and so despite all the good things he did for Oxford, he gets a B- on his report card.

I hope you’ll stay at your job for ever and never expect a pay rise. You should be loyal
Funny. Ive been with my company for 5 years and I’ve just been given a pay rise, as well as a loyalty bonus. I’m not saying I haven’t looked elsewhere, and I’m not saying that I won’t again. My point is, sometimes the grass isn’t always greener and life shouldn’t revolve around money. If your life does revolve around that, you will never be happy.

Funny. Ive been with my company for 5 years and I’ve just been given a pay rise, as well as a loyalty bonus. I’m not saying I haven’t looked elsewhere, and I’m not saying that I won’t again. My point is, sometimes the grass isn’t always greener and life shouldn’t revolve around money. If your life does revolve around that, you will never be happy.
I think over 95% of people on this forum would switch jobs if the offer was a 3x existing salary pay rise for less responsibility and at the same time working in a more dynamic environment with a much better skilled team with far superior facilities. What’s not to like?

Loyalty is very rare in football and that’s a 2-way street. Most managers are dumped quickly if results are poor, why shouldn’t they take a possible once in a lifetime salary opportunity if it’s offered? Let’s not forget that KR was showing a lot of leg to Blackpool just over a year ago.

Insane. He did so much for us- that team was hands down the best team to watch of the recent era. We blew teams away. We played superlative football. With hindsight we can see that the team was Championship standard and we had it in League 2.

Him taking that Leicester job was totally understandable but massively disappointing. Would you like to work in the Premier League for a s**t load more money after building a brilliant managerial reputation in League 2?

It's nonsense to call him a snake. Absolute shite, actually.
But tbf his only success at the moment as a manager is gaining promotion from L2 with the U’s

I think over 95% of people on this forum would switch jobs if the offer was a 3x existing salary pay rise for less responsibility and at the same time working in a more dynamic environment with a much better skilled team with far superior facilities. What’s not to like?

Loyalty is very rare in football and that’s a 2-way street. Most managers are dumped quickly if results are poor, why shouldn’t they take a possible once in a lifetime salary opportunity if it’s offered? Let’s not forget that KR was showing a lot of leg to Blackpool just over a year ago.
Yeah fair enough. My pay rise was nowhere near 3x my salary and if someone offered me anywhere near that amount of money, I would be out of the door in a flash. I guess when it comes to MAPP, I find it hard to look past the fact he left the club while we were on the up, in order to go and play second fiddle to his mate. I understand that it was a good opportunity, and one that was too good to turn down. I just feel as though he owed us another season and if he would have stayed, we might well have gone on to even greater things.

Back
Top Bottom