Manager/Coach Rumour: Robbo to Bournemouth?

Your right. Somebody some how has to rescue these poor souls, it's been too long. But where to relocate them? All that sea air in their systems, can't see Southampton or Portsmouth taking in these refugees?

Appleton being linked to the Bristol City vacancy, whilst it looks like Thierry Henry could be heading to Bournemouth:

A great player, but what coaching experience does he have? These appointments of star players are in my mind, mental. Get a manager in who has worked their way up the pyramid, has had to deal with a tight budget and has had to do their homework on players rather than just splashing out on a player because the chairman is minted. If Henry doesn’t get promotion, will he be cast aside for the next “name”. I wish him luck, but fear he could end up being another casualt.

A great player, but what coaching experience does he have? These appointments of star players are in my mind, mental. Get a manager in who has worked their way up the pyramid, has had to deal with a tight budget and has had to do their homework on players rather than just splashing out on a player because the chairman is minted. If Henry doesn’t get promotion, will he be cast aside for the next “name”. I wish him luck, but fear he could end up being another casualt.
4 months in charge at Monaco (w4 d5 l11)
15 months in charge at CF Montreal of the MLS (w9 d4 l16)
plus coaching at Arsenal and Belgian national team.

Hardly a stellar CV

He has some coaching experience but hasn't been successful.
He was assistant coach for Belgium before bring manager at Monaco where he didn't last long.
Since 2019 he has ben head coach at a team in the MLS.
I am not quite sure how that makes him the best choice in getting a club that needs to go up for financial reasons, promoted.
I hope that the Bournemouth supporters have enjoyed their time in the PL as they could have a few turbulent years ahead of them.

Back
Top Bottom