Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Karl’s animated touchline antics. At least you’re never in doubt that he cares. But it wouldn’t kill him to wear a shirt on Saturday’s…. Once upon a time he did and professionalism is a big part of the game. Perhaps a sign of the slide in standards. Just one thing he could change overnight that would quickly demonstrate he really values his work here.
that is far from the biggest issue though is it

Given that Charlton finished 6th (the last playoff spot) with 71 points, what you've claimed isn't true.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Sorry, you are correct. My bad. 69pts would have had you 7th, while those ahead of Plymouth could have averaged 1.5ppg and still finished 6th. For eg, had Charlton draw with Blackburn in their penultimate game rather than winning, they would have been 6th on 69pts. So the point still stands.

I’ve noticed that in recent home games KR is performing for the directors box. He’s acting the role of a coach with whistling and arm waving whilst taking the occasional glimpse at the box to check they’re watching him. And he turns to the directors when celebrating goals. They seem to like what they see.

I’ve noticed that in recent home games KR is performing for the directors box. He’s acting the role of a coach with whistling and arm waving whilst taking the occasional glimpse at the box to check they’re watching him. And he turns to the directors when celebrating goals. They seem to like what they see.
These continuous little digs towards KR is bazaar.

What do the Directors do then? A little sneaky wink? Or a discrete thumbs up?

1.5 PPG is probably slightly above average. Over 46 games it’d get you 69 points and 10 seasons out of 10 it wouldn’t get you a play off place.

A six game period getting 1.5 PPG is far from reason to get excited if expectations are for us to be in the top 6, with a budget to match.

It’s not being negative, it’s being pragmatic.
I think the only way 69 points will be enough is if you have 12 teams really going for it and take points off each other in the scramble to get there

This year I believe Ipswich, Plymouth,SW and Barnsley will finish six points higher than everyone else and are nailed on for it because they are the best sides

That means two places up for grabs with around 8 teams capable of getting there. We could be one of them but would need around 1.75 points per game to get close, which we won’t

We have not been good enough and two of Derby,Bolton,Wycombe Pompey and Peterborough will get there

Last edited:
I think the only way 69 points will be enough is if you have 12 teams really going for it and take points off each other in the scramble to get there

This year I believe Ipswich, Plymouth,SW and Barnsley will finish six points higher than everyone else and are nailed on for it because they are the best sides

That means two places up for grabs with around 8 teams capable of getting there. We could be one of them but would need around 1.75 points per game to get close, which we won’t

We have not been good enough and two of Derby,Bolton,Wycombe Pompey and Peterborough will get there
Pompey have picked up 6pts in their last 8 games, winning none, and are just 2pts ahead of us albeit with 2 games in hand. If they can do it, so can we.

I’ve always been a fan of Robinson, I believe he’s done loads for our community and fanbase - as an example during Covid he was unbelievably good, the sad passing of Joey and Mickey showed again his brilliant knowledge/awareness of our fan base and what it meant to the club.
Unfortunately, despite the Charlton win, I do believe he needs to go - there are numerous reasons but mainly because he has divided the fanbase with some questionable on and off field decisions.
The P**s poor transfer window and signing/frittering budget on crocks, however the biggest issue for me is his lack of tactical nous, he doesn’t change formations when we’re struggling in matches, he makes similar subs in every match and is easily out thought
Against Ipswich it was obvious after the second goal we werent competing but he would not change the formation, it’s criminal to play Matty as a lone striker - everyone can see it doesn’t work but he persists!!!

I would hate for him to be hounded out and would like to see some semblance of a dignified exit but don’t believe he’ll walk, a couple of poor losses could see vast majority turn on him
Excellent post

Pompey have picked up 6pts in their last 8 games, winning none, and are just 2pts ahead of us albeit with 2 games in hand. If they can do it, so can we.
Pompey have two games in hand and are two points better off as you say and I only added them into the mix because of the games in hand
Derby and Peterborough would be my favourites
I think because of our awful start due to our poor transfer window we have given ourselves too much to do.
Lets face it we are not good enough, even if we did get there yo have to get past some very good sides and we know what KR’s track record against the likes of Blackpool and Wycombe in the big games are like

I’ve always been a fan of Robinson, I believe he’s done loads for our community and fanbase - as an example during Covid he was unbelievably good, the sad passing of Joey and Mickey showed again his brilliant knowledge/awareness of our fan base and what it meant to the club.
Unfortunately, despite the Charlton win, I do believe he needs to go - there are numerous reasons but mainly because he has divided the fanbase with some questionable on and off field decisions.
The P**s poor transfer window and signing/frittering budget on crocks, however the biggest issue for me is his lack of tactical nous, he doesn’t change formations when we’re struggling in matches, he makes similar subs in every match and is easily out thought
Against Ipswich it was obvious after the second goal we werent competing but he would not change the formation, it’s criminal to play Matty as a lone striker - everyone can see it doesn’t work but he persists!!!

I would hate for him to be hounded out and would like to see some semblance of a dignified exit but don’t believe he’ll walk, a couple of poor losses could see vast majority turn on him
Timing of this is slightly odd, though, when he has just won a good tactical battle. He also completely out-thought Darren Moore on his own turf who had no answer to our control of that game for large parts. We’ve had a few undoings as well but a lot of it is personnel rather than game plan. He can’t change games when his recruits are either unavailable or the same as what he already has on the field.

He’s his own worst enemy. But tactically I think he’s proven himself more than capable, he’s just horrible when it comes to building an effective squad that’s got answers for everything over the course of a 46 game season.

Timing of this is slightly odd, though, when he has just won a good tactical battle. He also completely out-thought Darren Moore on his own turf who had no answer to our control of that game for large parts. We’ve had a few undoings as well but a lot of it is personnel rather than game plan. He can’t change games when his recruits are either unavailable or the same as what he already has on the field.

He’s his own worst enemy. But tactically I think he’s proven himself more than capable, he’s just horrible when it comes to building an effective squad that’s got answers for everything over the course of a 46 game season.
He didn’t win a tactical battle against Moore. As I recall it was a draw
He doesn’t get the tactical battles right in the big games. Blackpool and Wycombe and indeed whenever we play any of the top clubs in our league. He is a flat track bully of a manager
Look at the games earlier in the season we were playing players out of position all because of his inability to create a balanced squad.
I was prepared to give KR another shot this season because we have played attractive football under him. But his old failings came back to haunt us.
What worries me is his cosy relationship with the Board which means when we finish 8/10 this season they will back him again and we will be having the same conversation in a years time

So is your spelling of bizarre, unless you genuinely think the continuous little digs at KR is a market in a Middle Eastern or asian country, then in which case, I apologise

It’s a cryptic clue that we are signing Rekeem Harper

Only those willing to part with their hard earned to follow the team, buy the shirts or subscribe to ifollow.

‘customers’ actually don’t have to accept anything before parting with their money.

Don’t wish to sound controversial but that’s certainly how I see it. Every supporter/follower of OUFC has a choice and not all of them will be mugs and go to every game like some of us.
No one is a mug to be watching lower league football without expectation that the team they support might struggle at times.
That so many do is a credit to loyalty rather than the horrible consumerism that football 'customers ' are being looked at now.
Crowds will fluctuate depending on how the club is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom