Home Match Day Thread 3/11/2020 L1 OUFC v Rochdale

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with McGuane is, strange as it seems for me to say, looks over-coached at times. By this I mean it is almost if a lot of the instinctive stuff has been coached out of his game. When he is instinctive he looks a very good player as his play for the 2nd goal was, but too often he seems to play safe even when covered or we are on a fast break. I think there is a really good player there but he needs to let his instinctive play come to the fore far more often in the opposition's half.
Yes, his technique and first touch etc are good, but he seems to feel the need to check back every time instead of going at defenders. He could at least win free kicks, but all too often he turns back towards our defence and lays it back.
Shodipo is the opposite, always looking to push forward. He scored another good goal, after which we didn't use him enough. He needs to be a starter.

Some observations:

- First half we were obviously devoid of confidence even after taking the lead. That block of the Rochdale shot by Elliott Moore straight after our goal was sensational as were some of his other blocks/defensive play. The way the handball rule is written, it was a penalty for me but I was disappointed we couldn't hold the lead to half time.

- 2nd half. Rochdale were well on top until Easty got lucky with Beesley missing that sitter. Great 2nd goal all round from the build up play to the finish by Shodipo. After that goal we were by far the better of the 2 teams.

- Scoring and being regularly dangerous from set pieces was a nice new novelty. Also our defending of set pieces was far better with Moore and Long really stepping up.

- Moore was definitely motm for me, regardless of his goals.

- Agree with the comment above about Forde, get him signed up on a new contract as he really is earning his starting place in central midfield, coupled with his versatility. The player I hoped Hanson would have been but isn't. Also, his set piece delivery is just fantastic and adds so much to our attacking threat.

- Clare was decent for me tonight. Some of his tackling in the area was superbly timed and some including runs forward that put us on the front foot.

- I liked the Oxford chanting over the tannoy. Certainly improved the viewing on iFollow. Whilst Elliott Moore didn't sound that bothered, I bet some players preferred it.

Last edited:
Taking the knee when it was first put forward. It was a powerful symbol. But it has gone on too long and has lost it's significance. Now i's just one of those things that have to be got out of the way before the real business starts.
The BLM really need a good PR man before it completely loses any impact.

BLM is allegedly being backed by the Chinese communist party. It was founded by a group of hardcore female American Marxists. Identity politics will tear this country apart, dividing groups into who is and isn't oppressed is a terrible idea, already we are seeing so-called "positive discrimination" in jobs where only black and BAME people can apply, do people really think this will bring about a more cohesive society? Britain is a good place to live and one of the least racist countries in the world, I really wish all this divisive nonsense from America which is regressing race relations in this country would go away.

Before you pledge your support for BLM just because you agree with their name, please look into their aims and political funding. Look up Sacha Johnson, there aims they previously stated on their website, and the mob violence that they have carried out in America.

Politics and football is a horrible mix, we are all yellow, that's it. Drop the token gestures.

I'm not going to say any more, great win for the yellas tonight.

BLM is allegedly being backed by the Chinese communist party. It was founded by a group of hardcore female American Marxists. Identity politics will tear this country apart, dividing groups into who is and isn't oppressed is a terrible idea, already we are seeing so-called "positive discrimination" in jobs where only black and BAME people can apply, do people really think this will bring about a more cohesive society? Britain is a good place to live and one of the least racist countries in the world, I really wish all this divisive nonsense from America which is regressing race relations in this country would go away.

Before you pledge your support for BLM just because you agree with their name, please look into their aims and political funding. Look up Sacha Johnson, there aims they previously stated on their website, and the mob violence that they have carried out in America.

Politics and football is a horrible mix, we are all yellow, that's it. Drop the token gestures.

Ooh hardcore females. Scary!

Every single word of this post is total rubbish apart from the last sentence.
There is a place on this forum for garbage like this, it's called 'In the News' and it's in the 'Everything Else' section, where people like you get to sound off their conspiracy theories and their batshit paranoia.
Dont pollute the match day thread!

There is a place on this forum for garbage like this, it's called 'In the News' and it's in the 'Everything Else' section, where people like you get to sound off their conspiracy theories and their batshit paranoia.
I do agree that Britain is still a good place to live and one of the least racist countries in the world . Let’s keep it that way.

I do agree that Britain is still a good place to live and one of the least racist countries in the world . Let’s keep it that way.
I've no idea how racism can be measured to find out which country is less racist than anywhere else, the point is that this is a football forum and this particular thread is about OUFC v Rochdale.
The forum kindly provides a space for people who might want to rant about politics. Personally I avoid that section because I come here for the footie and to get some respite from all the other stuff.

The thing with McGuane is, strange as it seems for me to say, looks over-coached at times. By this I mean it is almost if a lot of the instinctive stuff has been coached out of his game. When he is instinctive he looks a very good player as his play for the 2nd goal was, but too often he seems to play safe even when covered or we are on a fast break. I think there is a really good player there but he needs to let his instinctive play come to the fore far more often in the opposition's half.
Agree 100% with the over-coached comment here. Learning your trade at clubs like Barca and Arsenal where it’s a sin to waste possession, is very different to our level where he is seen as a player that needs to make things happen when he gets the ball!

Call it batshit paranoia and conspiracy if you want, I have evidence to back my statements up. If you want to ignore the reality, that's fine with me.

Won't be commenting on this again unless it related to actual football and not the nonsense political side of it creeping in.

El7pkTGWoActPOn

Why don't you wander off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom