Home Match Day Thread 3/11/2020 L1 OUFC v Rochdale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good result, no less than we should expect. We made Rochdale look good for an hour which is a concern.

Mcguane is a complete enigma whats going on there. Moore, Long, Gorrin, Forde,Taylor all very good.

Overall important result but we did not dominate possession like we did generally last year, we were playing on the break for significant periods of the game until we went ahead.

Wheres the problem? I don't think its the defence, they look like they are being isolated 1 on1 which suggests they aren't being protected. So then its either the midfield 3 not covering or the wingers/inside forwards not tracking back. Both Agyei and Mcguane as wingers/IFs were replaced today which is probably a clue.
dont think that midfield is going to hold possession against many teams really.

Great to get the win but there’s plenty to do. It’s a start and hopefully it’s something that can be built on.

Would be good to see Taylor, Henry etc. on the score sheet next time. Obviously pleasing to see the defence chipping in with goals as opposed to clangers.

Moore and Long looked solid at the back. Big turning point was Rochdale missing the tap in the second half which would have made it 2-1. A minute or so later super-subdipo scores and makes it 2-1 to us. Clare improving defensively and looks really decent when breaking from the back with his pace. Ruffles is still struggling IMO and if it is Obita coming in then he'll benefit from the competition. Gorrin's passing is a step up this season.

Great win tonight good all round team performance.
everyone worked their socks off especially in the second half .
best the defence has looked this season.
season best performance by Sean Clare.
well done lads

Wow not watching or listening does the job again! COYY. Hopefully the full match replay will have radox commentary not rochdales

Of their forum

3-1. Free header from a corner although it was a great finish. Their sub has run us ragged since he came on & the goal was always coming

All we need now is to bring Long back into the RB position and move Clare forward which should give him a free reign rather than worrying about getting back when the opposition are on the attack.
And I’ve been a big critic of Clare

That was a good game of football, credit Rochdale for their approach. Grit and pressing sorted them out eventually, my man of the match the Spanish hatchet.

Actually also thought McGuane made a difference, he has great technique and that cut back for the goal was high class.

it’s all about margins isn’t it, thought Eastwood dropped a ricket with that missed rebound. If they’d scored we would have struggled to get a point.

Forde should be put on a new contract, his dead ball delivery is Champ standard. Well done Sam Long, he brings the ball out well from the back as well.

COYY.

A win, but against a totally shite side,aint gonna diss them too much so just gonna enjoy the win.

Taking the knee when it was first put forward. It was a powerful symbol. But it has gone on too long and has lost it's significance. Now i's just one of those things that have to be got out of the way before the real business starts.
The BLM really need a good PR man before it completely loses any impact.

That was a good game of football, credit Rochdale for their approach. Grit and pressing sorted them out eventually, my man of the match the Spanish hatchet.

Actually also thought McGuane made a difference, he has great technique and that cut back for the goal was high class.

it’s all about margins isn’t it, thought Eastwood dropped a ricket with that missed rebound. If they’d scored we would have struggled to get a point.

Forde should be put on a new contract, his dead ball delivery is Champ standard. Well done Sam Long, he brings the ball out well from the back as well.

COYY.

The thing with McGuane is, strange as it seems for me to say, looks over-coached at times. By this I mean it is almost if a lot of the instinctive stuff has been coached out of his game. When he is instinctive he looks a very good player as his play for the 2nd goal was, but too often he seems to play safe even when covered or we are on a fast break. I think there is a really good player there but he needs to let his instinctive play come to the fore far more often in the opposition's half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom