Home Match Build Up 26/12/2020 L1 OUFC v AFC Wimbledon

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Oxfordshire at least will be in tier 4 by next week, but I can't see football stopping any time soon.

Suspend football and you stop all iFollow revenue, potential reduction in sponsorship and any opportunity for clubs to move players on in January. Clubs will fold and football will look very different when it returns.

It might not feel right to continue playing sport whilst we enter another national lockdown, but the alternative is so much worse.
Agree, especially as they played through the last lockdown.

I agree that Oxfordshire at least will be in tier 4 by next week, but I can't see football stopping any time soon.

Suspend football and you stop all iFollow revenue, potential reduction in sponsorship and any opportunity for clubs to move players on in January. Clubs will fold and football will look very different when it returns.

It might not feel right to continue playing sport whilst we enter another national lockdown, but the alternative is so much worse.
But I do think the EFL will look at the situation very careful at the covid with the amount of games that have been/and are being cancelled due to covid. Especially if a te travelling from tier 4 to a tier 2 team and as a result of the game being played it ends up with players and staff from the tier 2 team end up contracting Covid-19

Looks like the virus won't get a chance to settle - but then again, neither will the ball.....
Screenshot_20201223-115413_Chrome.jpg

As the previous lockdown league leaders up here in Leicester I can`t see the Shire leaping from Tier 2 to Tier 4.
First up the numbers don`t add up to anything like we have seen locally for many months.
Realistically you may go Tier 3, like us, to gently apply the brake rather than handbrake it into Tier 4 or worse.

Some tweaks across the Tiers may happen between Christmas and New Year and then a 3 week national lockdown from Jan 4th when many folk would normally get back to "routine".

Not so much having socially distanced supporters in the ground, more how they arrive and leave en masse from different areas.
And there's "the message" too unfortunately ("2000 people at football but we can't open our restaurant/visit our gran" etc.).

Exactly. It’s a bit shortsighted and insular to say ‘well, football has it spot on for allowing spectators back so we should be allowed to continue’. I’ve seen many instances of theatres, cinemas, music venues, bars, restaurants etc all showing great initiative to make their premises as COVID secure as can be but allowing them all to operate at the same time creates a lot of opportunities to spread. Football has to be viewed as part of the collective group of leisure pursuits.

Not all fans will turn up from their home bubble in their car to the game. Some will make visits to other places prior to it, some will use public transport and some may pay a visit to a relative before and/or after. To entertain that a socially distanced football ground is somehow not a breeding ground for Covid is naive. Of course I want football to continue and even more so with fans in place, but common sense has to take precedence.

As for the Boxing Day game, the blank Saturday hasn’t helped us much. Another home win will send us in the right direction but we’ll have to be ready from the get go.

As the previous lockdown league leaders up here in Leicester I can`t see the Shire leaping from Tier 2 to Tier 4.
First up the numbers don`t add up to anything like we have seen locally for many months.
Realistically you may go Tier 3, like us, to gently apply the brake rather than handbrake it into Tier 4 or worse.

Some tweaks across the Tiers may happen between Christmas and New Year and then a 3 week national lockdown from Jan 4th when many folk would normally get back to "routine".

Blimey.... what have you people been doing??

Tier 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom