• Wigan

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no recollection of that 1983 match at all; then I looked back in my diary for that year and I wasn’t there anyway. Used to live on the Cowley Road then, opposite the bus depot, happy days! Did go to the 7-0 though, fair dues to Wigan and my son who walked out when it was 5-0... 😢
Walked out when it was 0-5 Damn I beat him I went when it was 0-3 the Mrs came down shortly afterwards to the concourse and told me it was 0-4 what a bad day at the office

Was it the correct decision to move the game to tomorrow? I know they were going off the weather forecast and thought the pitch would be unplayable. But the youth team are currently playing at court place farm against pompey. Has court place farm got under soil heating?

Was it the correct decision to move the game to tomorrow? I know they were going off the weather forecast and thought the pitch would be unplayable. But the youth team are currently playing at court place farm against pompey. Has court place farm got under soil heating?
artificial pitch at CPF

first team squad trained on CPF pitch earlier, before U18s match

Yes I know they did, I read the article. My question was can an artificial pitch handle a frost better than a real pitch? Do they have under soil heating under that pitch?

Yes I know they did, I read the article. My question was can an artificial pitch handle a frost better than a real pitch? Do they have under soil heating under that pitch?
dunno ... at a guess no? ( Didn't Eales / OUFC pay for the new pitch at CPf a few seasons ago?) ... to get a definitive maybe @SteMerritt could ask his brother?

No undersoil heating, the pitches are designed to be frost resistant but you still need light covers.

Thanks for answering. It makes you wonder why the football league won't allow them. They obviously work well.

The cost of electric undersoil heating is not prohibitively costly. Amazing that there are some PL clubs and most Championship clubs that do not have it. Cost? Average £1m - or a pretty basic MF player.

I think we'll lose. Think the disruption of moving it a day combined with the fact Wigan are getting themselves sorted (on the pitch) and have won 4 of their 9 games against top half teams. Plus it'll be peak OUFC.

I see Northampton’s home match is still on, would have thought it would be like a skating rink given the amount of surface water they have there.
Was thinking the same thing, maybe now Curley bit is no longer with Northampton they’ve decided not to arrange to have games called off. Probably not but does make you wonder.

Just been down the garden to feed the birds. Lawn is frozen solid, wouldn`t fancy playing football on it.
Supposed to be several degrees warmer tomorrow so could be a good call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom