Home Match Day Thread 14/02/2021 L1 OUFC v Wigan

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Match pushed back 24 hours due to frozen pitch, due to be much warmer today.

COYY

Will the match to ahead?

I guess with Wigan traveling with they would be to be told by 10-11.

It’s -14 here in Texas over the next few days. I’m sure you boys can rustle up a game on 1 degrees. Still 9 hours of kick off to sun the pitch too

We certainly have the capacity to beat them comfortably. However, we are Oxford United let's not forget. We just need to play to our strengths. That means keeping the ball on the ground, which we should be able to given it will be around 4 degrees come kickoff. Pressing high, with the likes of Gorrin covering positions if needed. Beating players for pace on the wings. And Taylor et al getting plenty of delivery into the box.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it goes ahead,
I can see it myself,
The pitch will still be rock hard tomorrow, even if it gets to 10 degs today.

Today’s man in the middle is Torrington (Devon) based official Brett Huxtable.

Last U’s match - Plymouth Argyle 2-3 Oxford United December 29th 2020

Huxtable has taken charge of 16 FL games this season issuing 56 yellow cards and no reds.

EkSZ4rgWAAM9HCn

Just taken dog out. Ground is rock hard and it’s freezing with a biting wind. Will be very pleased but surprised if match is still on. 😔

Today’s man in the middle is Torrington (Devon) based official Brett Huxtable.

Last U’s match - Plymouth Argyle 2-3 Oxford United December 29th 2020

Huxtable has taken charge of 16 FL games this season issuing 56 yellow cards and no reds.

EkSZ4rgWAAM9HCn
Isn’t this the ref everyone thought was terrible against when we played Plymouth ?

Will be walking up to (and past) the ground at about 10am. Personally I don't think the match will be on as at the moment its very cold and there's an extremely cold wind giving the pitch little or no chance to thaw.

Is there any capacity left in the calendar for another rearrangement if today’s game doesn’t go ahead?
Plus a win a Tuesday would mean the Hull game being rearranged too.
We might have to have an extended season.

Birds happily pecking at my lawn for first time in days so perhaps playable with a beak-like stud? Otherwise switch to CPF and play The U18s team as they are more used to the pitch there 😉

Back
Top Bottom