Home Match Day Thread 14/02/2021 L1 OUFC v Wigan

Paper may well have been put to bed before the Accy result. Presumably it goes to the printers earlier on a Sunday.
Just shows that some things are going backwards. The Green Mail ( six pages ?) was dropped off to the old girl outside the Regal Cinema in Cowley Road before 7 pm on a Saturday evening All the days results, full match reports and photos, tables...even non league. Printed and distributed about two hours after matches finished. Pat Quarterman always in the queue...to read how well he played 😁

Just shows that some things are going backwards. The Green Mail ( six pages ?) was dropped off to the old girl outside the Regal Cinema in Cowley Road before 7 pm on a Saturday evening All the days results, full match reports and photos, tables...even non league. Printed and distributed about two hours after matches finished. Pat Quarterman always in the queue...to read how well he played 😁
Also who remembers queueing at the Allied Arms in Rose Hill. Then fighting off my old man who wanted first read of it! 😂⚽

Used to go with my Dad to get/buy the Green Mail, of a fella stood at one of the subway ( tunnel not sandwich shop) entrances, near the Roundway shops & (old) Shotover arms ( MacDonalds) , Green Road roundabout, Headington, around 6.15pm of a Saturday eve

EZ1k1MJXQAMx5mT

Looking at the dates of those Saturday night Sports Mail’s - they look to have been
produced in 1977.

My recollection was that the last edition rolled off the printing presses in early December 1978
due mainly to industrial action at the printers during the 1978-1979 ‘winter of discontent’.

An ode to Valentine's Day football in 2020.

Roses are red, violets are blue, its Valentines Day, so more football for you.
The fire was red, the smoke was blue, we started with three sides and ended with two
Swindon are red, Wigan are blue, we scored twice, so relegation to you.

An ode to Valentine's Day football in 2020.

Roses are red, violets are blue, its Valentines Day, so more football for you.
The fire was red, the smoke was blue, we started with three sides and ended with two
Swindon are red, Wigan are blue, we scored twice, so relegation to you.
I know it's been a weird time for all, but you must have noticed we are in 2021 now? 😉

So Sunday was the warning to last night.. Shame we didn’t take that warning.

Back
Top Bottom