Wrist watch

Peterdev

I’d love to buy a nice watch around £1000-£2000
Preferably a chronometer, non battery, leather strap.
Don't mind used.
Thinking Bremont.
Breitling look expensive to service
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what to avoid

Last edited:
Good for you. Do let us know how you get on.

I’d just like something classy. Bremont looks nice. Something nice to enjoy when I retire. Unless I upgrade my car

I’d just like something classy. Bremont looks nice. Something nice to enjoy when I retire. Unless I upgrade my car

TAG Though if you get one with a leather strap the official replacements are £100+ , probably same for Omega etc. . So I get a replica on line and get the watch stall on the market to change it for a fiver as it is very fiddly.

Something self winding with a Skeleton back is nice.

never mind a wrist watch ( personally I ve never really 'got on' with them) , my preference for an accurate and rather good timepiece would be a Hunter ( or even Half Hunter) pocket watch, in either silver or gold ...value for money too (IMO)

TAG Though if you get one with a leather strap the official replacements are £100+ , probably same for Omega etc. . So I get a replica on line and get the watch stall on the market to change it for a fiver as it is very fiddly.

Something self winding with a Skeleton back is nice.
I’ve thought about TAG Mark. I was offered one recently and he told me it had just been serviced at Mappin and Webb for £500...that put me off. The TAG strap is expensive.
I had an Omega Seamaster vintage but they are expensive and fiddly.
The Skeleton Watches are nice, Rotary do a fair few.
I would love a chronometer even second hand, automatic and definitely not battery

never mind a wrist watch ( personally I ve never really 'got on' with them) , my preference for an accurate and rather good timepiece would be a Hunter ( or even Half Hunter) pocket watch, in either silver or gold ...value for money too (IMO)
I agree.I had a Half Hunter. They are attractive, and the vintage ones can be obtained for around £250-£350. Even seen a few Rolex ones for not too much

I've got a sundial in me garden - no battery but too big for your wrist

• React
Reactions: MJB
I switched to an applewatch recently, so that I don’t have to bother telling people how s**t I am at running: they can just look it up online.
You're better at it than anyone sat on their fat arses on the sofa...

Just put a bid on a Breitling for £1200. If I’m successful I’ll be quite happy as my research shows they go for around £3200

Sarge and I are vintage as they say, I have two watches, a digital plastic handled one from Argos costing £8.90 and a gold shiny one with fake leather strap from Argos which I hated paying £26 for but I had to wear this when I gave my daughter away, I was banned from wearing my plastic one.

As for time, it comes and goes I know not where at my age.

I’d love to buy a nice watch around £1000-£2000
Preferably a chronometer, non battery, leather strap.
Don't mind used.
Thinking Bremont.
Breitling look expensive to service
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what to avoid
Have you tried the Watchfinder website?

I have a Rado. Is battery-powered but they last at least 3 years. Also very scratch resistent, I've had mine for 33 years and still not a scratch on it. Worth having a look.

Pete, have you had a look at Authenticwatches.com? I got a Mont Blanc off there for my wife, original, good service and 60% off.

I actually ended up buying a Citizen EcoDrive reduced from £400 to £200

Back
Top Bottom