Trump watch (2)

Seen a few murmurings over the past couple days suggesting Murdoch has had enough of Trump, so could indeed be significant.

And to be fair, the likes of CNN did they same thing when Obama tried to ban Fox from the WH. The media, fairly, stick together.

Also, Acosta can apply for an access card each day, it was only his hard access card that was removed.

NEWS FLASH: Even a president can't just do what he wants. US judge orders Acosta's White House pass to be returned. (Expect judge to be sacked for some misdemeanour or other fairly soon ....)
But said the court stuff can go on, if the WH choose it. I can't help but think an ethics code will come in and it'll all just end up with more restrictions. And the law of unintended consequences will hit in other areas based on the courts ruling. I assume CNN now support InfoWars right to freedom of speech and expression?

An apology last week would have made the mess go away.......... Can't say they weren't warned. I rather look forward to Acosta being sat there and ignored from now on. Wonder how desperate he'll become? I suppose he isn't that smart to have thought that far ahead.

But thinking longer term, it is wise. It can be as insincere as hell so everyone knows you don't mean it, but doing it puts Trump in an awkward position. Acosta would be the bigger man and can dine on that moment in front of Trump. Mr President, I admitted I was wrong, would you admit you were wrong on x, y, z? Etc, etc, etc. It's perfect CNN fodder.

TDS got in the way of the long con.

But said the court stuff can go on, if the WH choose it. I can't help but think an ethics code will come in and it'll all just end up with more restrictions. And the law of unintended consequences will hit in other areas based on the courts ruling. I assume CNN now support InfoWars right to freedom of speech and expression?

An apology last week would have made the mess go away.......... Can't say they weren't warned. I rather look forward to Acosta being sat there and ignored from now on. Wonder how desperate he'll become? I suppose he isn't that smart to have thought that far ahead.

Although the judge has indicated CNN is likely to win the case.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/wor...reporter-jim-acostas-press-pass-a3992441.html

So Jim Acosta wasn't in the wrong :). Trump and the WH should maybe apologise to JA and then the thing can end.

Although the judge has indicated CNN is likely to win the case.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/wor...reporter-jim-acostas-press-pass-a3992441.html

So Jim Acosta wasn't in the wrong :). Trump and the WH should maybe apologise to JA and then the thing can end.
He was. Because ultimately the WH will both ignore him as per Judges 5th Amendment recommendation (meaning CNN will be forced to go to someone else for their TDS schtick) and bring in a code of conduct that will ulitmately put grandstanders like him on a behaviour pitch count.

The WH win either way, and if Acosta wasn't such a stupid idiot, he'd have thought about it and apologised the day after. All he has done is screw over the other journos who want to do real reporting. Stupid is, as stupid does from Acosta and CNN :D :ROFLMAO:

Remind me again what Acosta did that was wrong and required an apology?

I think that says a bundle! You clearly dislike Acosta as much as I dislike Trump. It's almost personal, although of course it can't be because neither of us know either of them.
I don't dislike him per se. I genuinely pity him and his attempts at making press conferences about Jim Acosta at the expense of other journalists who, heaven forbid, want to do proper reporting and ask proper questions of the Trump administration.

Would I buy him a coffee if I ever met him and discuss politics? Yep. I'd even pay. I don't have malice towards him, but I question his ability to be a proper journalist when we are in a time that the industry matters so greatly - to me he's a hypocrite who questions Trump's behaviour by aping the very thing he does.

He was. Because ultimately the WH will both ignore him as per Judges 5th Amendment recommendation (meaning CNN will be forced to go to someone else for their TDS schtick) and bring in a code of conduct that will ulitmately put grandstanders like him on a behaviour pitch count.

The WH win either way, and if Acosta wasn't such a stupid idiot, he'd have thought about it and apologised the day after. All he has done is screw over the other journos who want to do real reporting. Stupid is, as stupid does from Acosta and CNN :D:ROFLMAO:

The judge it appears really doesn't agree with you.

Edit: Or the rest of the press who have backed CNN.

The judge it appears really doesn't agree with you.

Edit: Or the rest of the press who have backed CNN.
The judge clarified the process was wrong to remove the hard pass, hence Acosta back in, but added the WH can ignore him. Didn't just on Acosta's hysteria or behaviour.

And yes I did point out CNN publically supported Fox when Obama tried to remove them. So not sure what your point is exactly?

The judge clarified the process was wrong to remove the hard pass, hence Acosta back in, but added the WH can ignore him. Didn't just on Acosta's hysteria or behaviour.

And yes I did point out CNN publically supported Fox when Obama tried to remove them. So not sure what your point is exactly?

The point is the other press organisations are supporting CNN so not stupid at all.

Are you not the least bit bothered that the WH have tried to block a journalist basically because Trump didn't like the question being asked?

You come across as if it is nothing at all when it is supposed to be a free press. What if Trump doesn't like another reporter and kicks them out because he doesn't like the question? And he did rant about another 2 reporters in that press conference.

If this had happened in Russia, China etc there would have been knowing nods that there isn't a free press.

The point is the other press organisations are supporting CNN so not stupid at all.

Are you not the least bit bothered that the WH have tried to block a journalist basically because Trump didn't like the question being asked?

You come across as if it is nothing at all when it is supposed to be a free press. What if Trump doesn't like another reporter and kicks them out because he doesn't like the question? And he did rant about another 2 reporters in that press conference.

If this had happened in Russia, China etc there would have been knowing nods that there isn't a free press.

And it has started with Trump's regime introducing new "rules".

Oh, and the WH Press Association (or whatever it is called) have reiterated that follow up questions have always been asked.

Being pedantic, Acosta made a statement to Donald Trump regarding the migrant "invasion", not asking a question. And the WH removed the hard pass for access to the WH, not blocking Acosta, or CNN's access to the WH. Acosta could apply for access each day. CNN had 3 other reporters at the same presser and other hard passes were still valid for CNN to access the WH.

So all in. not a major freedom of speech issue? Access to a presser is not a right for all, it's a privilege for media otherwise every Tom, Dick and Harry could rock up The judge ruled on the Fifth Amendment, not the First Amendment re the lawsuit, specifically offering no comment on the freedom of speech issue.

Plenty of journalists are kicked out events by left and right wing politicians, but it doesn't generate a whiff of outrage because it's not Agent Orange who did it. If it happened in Russia or China, Acosta would be contemplating his lot with the almighty.

Being pedantic, Acosta made a statement to Donald Trump regarding the migrant "invasion", not asking a question. And the WH removed the hard pass for access to the WH, not blocking Acosta, or CNN's access to the WH. Acosta could apply for access each day. CNN had 3 other reporters at the same presser and other hard passes were still valid for CNN to access the WH.

So all in. not a major freedom of speech issue? Access to a presser is not a right for all, it's a privilege for media otherwise every Tom, Dick and Harry could rock up The judge ruled on the Fifth Amendment, not the First Amendment re the lawsuit, specifically offering no comment on the freedom of speech issue.

Plenty of journalists are kicked out events by left and right wing politicians, but it doesn't generate a whiff of outrage because it's not Agent Orange who did it. If it happened in Russia or China, Acosta would be contemplating his lot with the almighty.

Really, not a major freedom of speech issue?!

Until Trump starts banning other reporters, which he is very capable of (and likely to), under the new "rules" which are sufficiently ambiguous that Trump can use as he sees fit. The threat may mean difficult questions will not be asked due to Trump's erratic behaviour and the threat of a ban. You keep forgetting Trump threatened 2 other reporters in that press conference and that wasn't the 1st time he has made such comments. It means Trump has a means to attempt to control the Press at these conferences and their questioning. You forsee no problems with this at all?

Do you see this as having any parallel with non democratic regimes that control the press? I do, this could easily lead to a slippery slope and Trump certainly isn't one to know when to stop.

He's going after the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court now. Media, judiciary, straight from the fascist playbook.

Back
Top Bottom