Boris watch ....

Don't forgot his garden bridge, Boris Island Airport and water cannon farces in his time as mayor.

I did say don`t mention the water cannons! ?

Sadly his "character" (and I use that term very loosely) appeals to many of the Tory heartland.

I`m more in the "Can we have someone a bit more sensible please?" camp.

That said it seems more important to have "profile" than ability in politics these days.

When the choice comes down to Boris or Corbyn it`s not a good deal either way!!

Over the last three years, just about every Honourable Member has shown themself to be a buffoon in some shape or form , so it only makes sense to put the the biggest clown of the lot in charge of the circus........

It looks like BoJo has decided he will do the TV debates after all. I can't help but think he tries to speak as little as possible and let's the others all fight each other

It looks like BoJo has decided he will do the TV debates after all. I can't help but think he tries to speak as little as possible and let's the others all fight each other
I think if I were his campaign manager that would be exactly the advice I'd give him.

You maybe under-estimating him, he was generally considered 'the winner' of the 2016 EU referendum TV debates'
Having said that, one of his opponents was Sadiq Kahn, so maybe not too much to shout about.

I think it's more about specific policy and people getting at him about his gaffes. The others are there to make him look silly and get into the top 2. While he performed very well in the Brexit debates, it's a different kettle of fish now. He has a lot to lose, then he had a lot to gain.

Blimey!

Ignoring the individual comparison he uses (perhaps inadvisably) the more telling comments include:
Asked about Johnson’s popularity with party members, Amin said: “There are many horrible people who have been popular. Popularity is not the test. The test is: is this person sufficiently moral to be prime minister, and I believe he fails that test.”
“We don’t expect our politicians, our prime ministers, to be saints. But we do require a basic level of morality and integrity. And of all the candidates in the Conservative party leadership election, Boris Johnson is the only one that I believe fails that test.”

Bit it’s funny that the OB said everyone is safe no crime has been committed and were happy, anti Boris brigade possibly at work to try and discredit him?
A lot of tory supporting newspapers chose to run the story on their front pages .... doubt they're in the out to discredit him camp?

Back
Top Bottom