Trump watch (2)

He's going after the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court now. Media, judiciary, straight from the fascist playbook.
Is it just me, or is the whole Trump presidency edging towards some sort of modern fascism?
Denying the truth when told by others while continually insisting that your own lies are true, promoting bigotry and hatred of anyone different, extreme nationalism, sacking anyone who deviates in the least from the party line, encouraging the 'worship' of a single figurehead, promoting conspiracy theories, trying to manipulate the judiciary, refusing to acknowledge any questioning of your views, being better disposed towards other dictators (Putin, Kim Jong-un, Saudi Royal House) than democratic governments, etc etc.
It's all very '1984'. Worrying times.

Is it just me, or is the whole Trump presidency edging towards some sort of modern fascism?
Denying the truth when told by others while continually insisting that your own lies are true, promoting bigotry and hatred of anyone different, extreme nationalism, sacking anyone who deviates in the least from the party line, encouraging the 'worship' of a single figurehead, promoting conspiracy theories, trying to manipulate the judiciary, refusing to acknowledge any questioning of your views, being better disposed towards other dictators (Putin, Kim Jong-un, Saudi Royal House) than democratic governments, etc etc.

It certainly does have the whiff of a wannabe Dictator.

Sounds just like Communism.

He's a dangerous bloke. One hopes the US has the systems in place to stop him getting out of hand, but you never know.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46333119

Trump premature with his tweet again it seems unless the incoming Mexican Minister is being disingenuous. If it is true at least the troops he sent to make up a fake national security situation for the mid terms won't have to use lethal force to stop them.

I wonder what he is trying to hide by writing this tweet or is it trying to maintain the public burying of his Govt Scientists' report that climate change caused by humans is seriously affecting the US now and could seriously degrade US infrastructure and cost hundreds of £billions annually?

It's not a freedom of speech issue and it's disingenuous to suggest it is. Especially when social media firms restrict people in a far worse way (random shadow bans, etc), and few people give a tinkers cuss about it. They all laughed at Alex Jones and InfoIdiots being removed from Twitter, etc on the same day as a victory, so I can't be that worried that a stroppy journalist from CNN has to apply for a pass to get into the WH but still can attend press conferences. It's only an issue coz it's Orange Man Bad.

I worry about the journalists killed in Mexico, China, Russia, etc or the repression of the Iranian people by their regime. But it's still all about Trump. Just ignore the fool and let him bark at the moon for attention.

After the migrant "invasion" yesterday, is Trump right to insinuate it was?

They broke through the border used "missiles" to attack the border guards. Doesn't create a perception of peaceful asylum seekers looking for a better life does it? Not the first time it's happened there either apparently and not the first time that sort of method was used to disperse the crowd.

Just sad they wanted to beat the line and not apply for asylum like others have and are doing.

I agree on lots of bad things going on in the world, and it dismays me to see the news cycle once again obsessing about Trump and people wringing their hands about him. It feeds his ego in the worst possible way. We'll never change Trump, but we can change many other things.

'Several migrants threw projectiles' which hit 'several agents' is not exactly a full on invasion though is it? Its some pretty desperate people (including woman and kids) trying to escape from a horrible situation to what they imagine will be an infinitely better one.

While I agree that Trump's ridiculous antics get headlines all the time and tend to overshadow some possibly more important new stories, what he does HAS to be reported and held up to scrutiny. As the leader of one of the most heavily armed and financially important countries in the world, what he does - however stupid - has repercussions all over the globe.

I agree on lots of bad things going on in the world, and it dismays me to see the news cycle once again obsessing about Trump and people wringing their hands about him. It feeds his ego in the worst possible way. We'll never change Trump, but we can change many other things.

Isn't it pretty reasonable that the UK news media in particular should focus on the USA and thus Trump? After all this country has claimed for generations a special relationship with the USA and is heavily influenced by it, Also the leaders of the 'no-deal' Brexiteers have claimed that they want to align UK laws more closely to the USA: relaxing ecological restrictions, food safety regulations and getting an exemption to the Offensive Weapons Bill that will allow individuals to own a .50 calibre rifle that can stop a truck at over 1 mile; it seems there's some public interest.

I'm rather glad my father's generation didn't say "We'll never change Hitler but we can change many other things.".

Well, it seems the whole Trump "Russian Collusion" thing has basically died on it's a**e now that it looks like Mueller has found nothing whatsoever connecting him with Russia in that election. A lot of Democrats are seemingly very sad that the smoking gun they hoped for wasn't there. An especially big win for Trump not having to even speak to Mueller.

It won't stop other things with Trump and SDNY Attorney's Office looking into his affairs, but a lot of disappointed media are out there. Their narrative of Trump and Putin is dead.

Well, it seems the whole Trump "Russian Collusion" thing has basically died on it's a**e now that it looks like Mueller has found nothing whatsoever connecting him with Russia in that election. A lot of Democrats are seemingly very sad that the smoking gun they hoped for wasn't there. An especially big win for Trump not having to even speak to Mueller.

It won't stop other things with Trump and SDNY Attorney's Office looking into his affairs, but a lot of disappointed media are out there. Their narrative of Trump and Putin is dead.

Not quite, the narrative will continue with the issues around his businesses. Information from Mueller's investigation will help state investigations/proceedings. It won't touch Trump directly now but it may well affect those in his inner circle including his family and his businesses.

Also, Trump's attempts to stir up the Middle East through his Israeli moves may yet hurt him. I understand his support of Israel (whether you agree or not) and the political reasoning for it but the way he is doing (pronouncing on the Golan Heights/moving the US Embassy) really seems strange, it is almost like he wants to kick up trouble/violence.

Last edited:
There is seemingly no evidence of the Trump campaigns collusion with the Russians as no more indictments are being put forth- something that some in the media have been telling us all for 2 years with great glee that was 100% true. Trump was an agent of Russia, he's gonna be impeached soon etc etc. Sadly, the only collusion was seemingly elsewhere with the Steele Dossier, the FBI and the FISA abuses.

I do very much agree there are other areas of interest with Trump that are still ongoing (keep an eye on the NYC legal system for issues not related to Mueller), but the whole muh Russia thing is a great nothingburger that I can only assume was just a left wing media hoax.

There is seemingly no evidence of the Trump campaigns collusion with the Russians as no more indictments are being put forth- something that some in the media have been telling us all for 2 years with great glee that was 100% true. Trump was an agent of Russia, he's gonna be impeached soon etc etc. Sadly, the only collusion was seemingly elsewhere with the Steele Dossier, the FBI and the FISA abuses.

I do very much agree there are other areas of interest with Trump that are still ongoing (keep an eye on the NYC legal system for issues not related to Mueller), but the whole muh Russia thing is a great nothingburger that I can only assume was just a left wing media hoax.

The Russian thing is hardly nothing as Mueller has clearly found evidence of Russian interference in the US elections. So actually in terms of stopping future interference this could be very important.

What FBI/FISA abuses are these?

The Russian thing is hardly nothing as Mueller has clearly found evidence of Russian interference in the US elections. So actually in terms of stopping future interference this could be very important.

What FBI/FISA abuses are these?
It's the use of the Steele Dossier (paid for the Democrats) to effectively justify spying on the Trump campaign - it's a lot more nuanced than that, but some good links:
It's a lead into why Trump had such anger at people like James Comey and Andrew McCabe, but would never really say why. Almost House of Cards like.

One of the ironies about Russian Interference thing was it looks Michael Moore turned up to an event they held after the election.

It's the use of the Steele Dossier (paid for the Democrats) to effectively justify spying on the Trump campaign - it's a lot more nuanced than that, but some good links:
It's a lead into why Trump had such anger at people like James Comey and Andrew McCabe, but would never really say why. Almost House of Cards like.

One of the ironies about Russian Interference thing was it looks Michael Moore turned up to an event they held after the election.

You mean Trump got angry at people who helped get him elected with the announcement of the reopening of the investigation into Hilary Clinton in the final days of the Presidential Campaign. It was not normal procedure for that announcement to be made so Trump has nowt to complain about.

Back
Top Bottom