Non-League 22/04/23 - Wrexham v Borhamwood

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Promotion this evening if they win.

Fans on Twitter saying they have run away with it. Hardly, Notts County have kept up the pace pretty well.

Money won them this.

Fans on Twitter saying they have run away with it. Hardly, Notts County have kept up the pace pretty well.

Money won them this.

Our Billionaire owners have more money, but it hasn’t helped us.

Fair play to Wrexham. They have a real buzz generated not just by investment, but by owners who actually turn up and get involved with fans.

Love them or hate them with their Hollywood vibes, they appear to actually give a s**t.

Our Billionaire owners have more money, but it hasn’t helped us.

Fair play to Wrexham. They have a real buzz generated not just by investment, but by owners who actually turn up and get involved with fans.

Love them or hate them with their Hollywood vibes, they appear to actually give a s**t.
That’s very true when compared to our owners.

Money won them this.

Incredible that Notts County will not go up automatically with their amazing points tally. Some real injustice there.

I must admit, I am thoroughly sick of the BBC (and some other media outlets) fawning all over Wrexham. I have no beef at all with the club itself, but that same media steadfastly ignores L1 and L2 normally, never mind the national League! And the coverage isn't only in the sports programmes - the fact that they might be promoted seemed to merit a slot on the evening news the other day!

I must admit, I am thoroughly sick of the BBC (and some other media outlets) fawning all over Wrexham. I have no beef at all with the club itself, but that same media steadfastly ignores L1 and L2 normally, never mind the national League! And the coverage isn't only in the sports programmes - the fact that they might be promoted seemed to merit a slot on the evening news the other day!

It is a continuation of Salford/class of 92 rubbish but the shiny new toy has now taken their place.

Try living 15 minutes down the road from Wrexham! It is beyond tiring now. Good luck to them but I feel sorry for Notts County who have done it the right way without the media circus.

Indeed… this is the Hollywood rubbish that is very sickly and typical media… but that’s not Wrexhams fault.

As you say, no beef with the club, fair play to them… the media do go way OTT though.

Indeed… this is the Hollywood rubbish that is very sickly and typical media… but that’s not Wrexhams fault.

As you say, no beef with the club, fair play to them… the media do go way OTT though.
It technically is their fault as it was the Wrexham fans that allowed the circus to come to town…

There owners are doing a good job promoting them literally- ours should take note!!!

I've watched Wrexham and Notts county this season and both would beat us comfortably. If Notts county win the play offs I expect both to be challenging for promotion out of league 2 next season.

I suspect that both Mullin and Langstaff would be top five strikers in League One.
Mullin scored 30+ in League Two before taking the Wrexham money, and Langstaff has set the National League record this season.

If we had spent the Murphy/Wildschut/Baldock money on one of them, I very much doubt we'd be where we are now.

I'm happy for the team but this McDonald's Hollywood franchise team is a bit sad to me

Back
Top Bottom