General Worst Stadium in England

Obviously it’s all about one’s personal memories and experiences, but I thought that video was both accurate and rather depressing.

On a good day The Manor was exciting and atmospheric, on others it was a rather sad, dysfunctional place. Have never ‘appreciated’ The Kassam, although the experience was at least slightly better when the crappy Priory was open.
The new stadium is such a huge chance for us to build a true community football club.

The Manor was home but as you say, dysfunctional.

The Kassam has had its moments few and very very far between. Has never felt like home, can never truly deliver for the community or our ambitions as a football club.

I really hope Oxfordshire gets behind the triangle. Surely a well run, secure and successful football club is a win for almost everyone in Oxfordshire.

I like the Blackbird, proper council estate boozer which puts of some of our more middle class fans and it also keeps the real ale mob away which is no bad thing. Plus you can never accuse Glen of skimping on the heating in the winter, it’s roasting in there.

The priory was a big loss though, that big outside area could hold loads and having can bars just sped up getting a drink, normal pubs will always struggle to serve fast enough once they hit a certain number in there.

Hopefully the new ground will have some bars in that you don’t mind drinking in and that are built to serve quicker, the concourses at the Kassam are terrible, no reason for a newly built stadium not to have much better, if you have ten thousand plus fans eating and drinking before, during and after matches that is one hell of a lot of extra revenue, a tenner per person spend average say is about £2.5 million quid off 10 thousand average crowd a season, have to get that side of it right in the new ground.
I like real ale and have brewed some of my own at times, but also a regular in the bird before matches to indulge in some of the swill they provide.

Worst? There are others in a much worse state, barely held together, with just a brick wall for a toilet... but they all have character. The Grenoble Road hole has absolutely ZERO going for it. Its horrible. Its never been home. The Manor may have been falling down, but it had character, atmosphere and was bloody lovely and home.

So yeah, I agree its the worst.

Back
Top Bottom