World Cup match chat

Great for Sweden. And should of had a pen earlier in the first half.
Thought they were lucky before that as well with a shirt pull when another Swede was breaking through.

Not a result to be sniffed at if Sweden hold on.

Unless you’re Joachim Loew.
Sniffing what, exactly?

What has happened to Germany though. They've had an excellent side recently but this lot look like OUFC under Patterson circa 2008

Great first half. The German defence is all over the place. Very poor from them considering there normally the most professional and well organised in the world.

They are ehrlicher Haufen Jungs.

EDIT. I’m sure @Berliner would provide a better translation!

Why did I read German in a Northern-Irish accent just then?
Anyway...fear wherever you look, TV, people, everyone...this is not something the locals are used to!
Germany need to win this as well!
Get Brandt on there soon...

Gomez on up front. Good idea if you give him the ball in the right places.

Germany back in it but I feel they have to make the most of this pressure, Sweden will get chances as the half goes on against those centre backs.

What a game of football that was. Game of the tournament so far for me. Gutted for Sweden, but hell of a goal to win it.

You just knew it was going to happen. When the swedish/Turk commited the foul.

All he had to do was stay on his feet!

The Germans have a habit of doing it when it matters.

The sort of game I like that, could of gone either way and tense from beginning to end.

No way will this German team win it though, I think they will just take a credible defence.

What a game of football that was. Game of the tournament so far for me. Gutted for Sweden, but hell of a goal to win it.
Yep. Terrific game.
Fair play to the Germans. Down to 10 men and they just keep on going.
Kroos is some player.

Extraordinary. Germany look a much better prospect when they’re not carrying that poser Boateng.

Gutted for Sweden. They’ll need to pick themselves up against Mexico. A big win or bust as the Germans will cruise (or Kroos) to a win against South Korea.

If South Korea win though, I’ve got a cracking headline for the red tops.

‘Kimmich 0 Kim Chi 1’ ?

Last edited:
Swedes will be kicking themselves.

Playing against 10 men and they still couldn't keep hold of the ball or stem the pressure.

Tough road ahead for Germany if they don't win the group though (and it's hard to see Sweden beating Mexico); agree it's hard to see them winning it.

Back
Top Bottom