Who will win the world cup?

tonyw

Uruguay. 2 quality CBs that play together every week at Atletico Madrid, 2 of the best strikers in the world and, if Tabarez gets it, right a strong and creative midfield with Bentancur, Torreira, Vecino & de Arrascaeta without a whiff of onion. Plus the Ladislao Mazurkiewicz de nos jours between the sticks. Might struggle against pace on the wings.....
Would Uruguay be that much of a surprise though?

I think everyone believes they'll boss their group, and most people have them in their second tier of contenders......

PC

Yeah, they would to the UK papers who still seem to think that Argentina and Spain are forces.

It should be a easy group but bear in mind that Russia has to go through and Uruguay plays them last - the Celeste needs to win the first 2 to avoid being victims of a fix ' in the group stage. Once they're through that they should be looking at the semi-finals, and maybe more.

tonyw

Yeah, they would to the UK papers who still seem to think that Argentina and Spain are forces.

It should be a easy group but bear in mind that Russia has to go through and Uruguay plays them last - the Celeste needs to win the first 2 to avoid being victims of a fix ' in the group stage. Once they're through that they should be looking at the semi-finals, and maybe more.
Thankfully, I don't have to read the UK papers no more!

If your boys weren't playing a one man team that's probably going to be lacking its man, and a team that's currently ranked 25 places below Scotland in your first two games, then you might have something to worry about.

Frankly, I think the only team that's more nailed on to win its group is Brazil. Although second round will be tough.....unless Spain have completely imploded by then......

Top Bottom