World Cup Moaning Thread

Talking about South Americans and var - Brazil making the TV signs with their fingers - absolutely pathetic!

It's not just Brazil, most teams have been doing it, and it's infuriating. It's been implemented quite successfully in a way that doesn't slow down the game so much. Telling the referee to double-check every decision that doesn't go your way is going to ruin the game.

It's not just Brazil, most teams have been doing it, and it's infuriating. It's been implemented quite successfully in a way that doesn't slow down the game so much. Telling the referee to double-check every decision that doesn't go your way is going to ruin the game.
Including us - for example when Henderson was headbutted , sorry Diego, chinned the defender in the forehead

I'm sure they said last night that players/managers/coaches making a VAR sign was forbidden and a yellow card offense. Too late now, but if that had been implemented a couple of times at the start of the tournament it wouldn't be happening now. Same with crowding the ref, delaying pens, 'simulation;' (or 'cheating' as it used to be known) ....

The most talented players in the WC are the ones that want to roll around and cheat their opponents. How did Neymar tolerate getting so many tattoos if he cannot tolerate a mild tap on the ankle without rolling around in absolute pain or randomly falling over?

The WC in general is a better watch when it's about teams and not posturing morons. When the coverage has not been about Ronaldo pulling his shorts up or Neymar's diving, the games have been far more interesting.

People who moan and bitch about football in the season who suddenly are interested now England are doing well. Get off the bandwagon and go and watch Wimbledon...

People who moan and bitch about football in the season who suddenly are interested now England are doing well. Get off the bandwagon and go and watch Wimbledon...

They can't watch Wimbledon, Britain aren't doing well!

• React
Reactions: m
Sorry Gazza....can't let this one drop without referring back to your opening post in this thread . . . . and I quote . . .

"I don't care that the World Cup starts this week.

I wish I could get more excited, but I can't. It doesn't have the usual excitement and anticipation that it usually has. SA had some excitement to it, so did Brazil. Russia has little going for it.

Who will win? I don't care."

Is it just a teensy bit possible that your are feeling slightly different now and that you also might afford the same latitude for others who are suddenly a bit more interested in who wins the World Cup?

We all need a bit of feel-good and people shouldn't be denied that just because they have previously preferred to find it in other ways, surely?

Sorry Gazza....can't let this one drop without referring back to your opening post in this thread . . . . and I quote . . .

I wish I could get more excited, but I can't. It doesn't have the usual excitement and anticipation that it usually has. SA had some excitement to it, so did Brazil. Russia has little going for it.

Is it just a teensy bit possible that your are feeling slightly different now and that you also might afford the same latitude for others who are suddenly a bit more interested in who wins the World Cup?

We all need a bit of feel-good and people shouldn't be denied that just because they have previously preferred to find it in other ways, surely?
As a whole no. Didn't watch the game last night. Have seen parts of games but as an example, I genuinely hadn't realised Serbia had gone out of the tournament until Friday. I don't even know who they lost to. I even had Friday afternoon off work and forgot the France was game on watched the cricket instead. I have watched all of the England games, but outside of that, still very unbothered by the whole thing - and I am very happy for the England team for just getting on with it all so easily.

I am frustrated by the people who mock football as a sport for most of the year that have suddenly got on the bandwagon for the past few days. Suddenly the overpaid prima donnas ain't so bad.

As a whole no. Didn't watch the game last night. Have seen parts of games but as an example, I genuinely hadn't realised Serbia had gone out of the tournament until Friday. I don't even know who they lost to. I even had Friday afternoon off work and forgot the France was game on watched the cricket instead. I have watched all of the England games, but outside of that, still very unbothered by the whole thing - and I am very happy for the England team for just getting on with it all so easily.

I am frustrated by the people who mock football as a sport for most of the year that have suddenly got on the bandwagon for the past few days. Suddenly the overpaid prima donnas ain't so bad.
Football only has itself to blame and is still stuffed full of overpaid pouting and preening prima donnas who aren't fit to massage the feet of most NHS workers (as a random example). The World Cup will never change that and we will be back to infuriating business as usual in August.

However, just maybe, Southgates humilty and refeshing approach of the England set-up as a whole is exactly what football needs. More Respect. More Discipline. More Sportsmanship. More Teamwork is EXACTLY what the game needs right now. I will never castigate anyone for being enthused by it and wanting to see more of it, regardless of their previous attitude to football.

Whilst it may not change things longer term, Southgate shoud be widely applauded for his approach to this tournament and the whole national team philosophy.

If it hadn't been for the pint of wine that undercover journalist bought Allerdyce in a Chinese restaurant 2 years ago, I dread to think where we'd be now.

Back home a week ago.
I will never condone the press running this sort of sting on someone who has done nothing worse than not being the person the particular paper/news organisation wanted in that position, so hate the way Southgate's appointment came about (and lets be honest, I'm sure the people behind the sting werent doing it because they had Southgate in mind), but yes it would be very interesting to see how things would have gone if Big Sam had still been in charge.

Only a few days left to have a moan or few about the current World cup finals left...... best get in with this one then ;)

The powers that be at FIFA are absolute bastards.... not only do they hold up the bulk of pre-season transfers in England due to their scheduling of the World cup finals ( transfer merry go round/ musical chairs etc starts 'proper' on Monday)....... they, FIFA are now clashing tonights Belgium v France semi-final with the mighty yellows second Irish pre-season match...... I reckon they've done it deliberately too!!!! Bastards!..... oh well, guess it's going to have to be one eye on happenings in Russia while concentrating on listening to live coverage of the Us live on radio Oxford for me this evening then......... and B*****s to you, Infantino :p

Mike Dean must be gutted seeing the Turkish ref at the world cup. A turkish carbon copy

Back
Top Bottom