Tickets Wimbledon away tickets

Golden Dr Otto

Flying over to see family now that travel rules have been relaxed.

How many away tickets are we likely to get? I’d love to go to this but worried it’ll be tricky

Mods: sorry if I’ve done the thread to early or wrong. Feel free to edit.

== Stands ==

* West Stand – 4,267 capacity
* South Stand (safe standing terrace) – 1,092 capacity
* East Stand – 2,391 capacity
* North Stand (away end) – 1,465 capacity

9,215 is plenty big enough for them.
I wonder whether for large away followings they will want to give more tickets to away fans?

Was looking forward to this, then started to find out how much more difficult it will be to get there! No parking near by so train, we thought. What a pain with changes and both over and underground.
Still going, of course! I would think this will be another sell out for us, new ground etc.

😬

why build a new stadium which is so limited? That’s a big site they took on
money. 3 of the stands are scaled down "temporary" stands put in place after the costs went up and they limited the amount of money they could borrow to complete it. They don't really need bigger atm, but can easily upgrade over time.

E7oa31SXoAQFn8j

Was looking forward to this, then started to find out how much more difficult it will be to get there! No parking near by so train, we thought. What a pain with changes and both over and underground.
Still going, of course! I would think this will be another sell out for us, new ground etc.
Join the travel club. Door to door

Oxford to Waterloo by coach.

10 minute train direct to Earlsfield. Easy.

Just shows how long it is since I lived in Oxford! The Oxford Tube or the City coach were always how we used to travel up to London. I can recall how cheap it was as well, at one time. It was barely any more expensive to go into London, have a few beers walking to China town, a meal in Wong Kei (best restaurant ever for laughs) and still get the coach back again.
Thanks for the reminder!

Flying over to see family now that travel rules have been relaxed.

How many away tickets are we likely to get? I’d love to go to this but worried it’ll be tricky

Mods: sorry if I’ve done the thread to early or wrong. Feel free to edit.
The new membership scheme gives priority after season tickets but before general sale if that helps.
It's very rare that away tickets don't make it to general sale.
Another option might be to find someone with a Surrey postcode and get a ticket in the home stands as they used to check postcodes for postal tickets / ask you to collect from the ticket office. Don't know if that still happens.
Also I suspect a lot of groundhoppers / 92 club people will want to tick this ground off.

Just shows how long it is since I lived in Oxford! The Oxford Tube or the City coach were always how we used to travel up to London. I can recall how cheap it was as well, at one time. It was barely any more expensive to go into London, have a few beers walking to China town, a meal in Wong Kei (best restaurant ever for laughs) and still get the coach back again.
Thanks for the reminder!
Just discovered the flaw in this. The X90 doesn't run anymore and the Tube stops at Victoria. However, Train from Victoria to Earlswood (change at Clapham Junction) is only a 20 minute trip.

Back
Top Bottom