What Have You Been Watching Lately? (No Spoilers)

I have watched the first 3 episodes of Bodies with Stephen Graham on Netflix. No idea what is going on.

I have watched the first 3 episodes of Bodies with Stephen Graham on Netflix. No idea what is going on.
Yep likewise. Although if you are finding this confusing, give a go to 'Fall of the house of Usher', that is off the wall bonkers.

Bosch the Legacy part 2 a superb detective series but do not watch unless you’ve seen all the Bosch series there are 7 then the Bosch legacy takes over

Yep likewise. Although if you are finding this confusing, give a go to 'Fall of the house of Usher', that is off the wall bonkers.
Started on 'Bodies' but not sure I will finish, for something a little less confusing with a nice noir-ish feel try 'Dark Winds', a thriller set on a Navajo reservation in the 70s. I believe a 2nd series has been produced but the 1st is only just available now.

Uncanny, BBC 2 and iPlayer Third episode explores unexplained happenings in a South Oxford house (somewhere on or between Vicarage Road and Lake Street I suspect). One for Halloween!! 🎃👻💀

Uncanny, Series 1: 3. Case 3: The Oxford Exorcism: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001rsfl via @bbciplayer

Last edited:
Bosch the Legacy part 2 a superb detective series but do not watch unless you’ve seen all the Bosch series there are 7 then the Bosch legacy takes over
I’ve just started watching series 1 of Bosch, so I’ve got a long way to go.

The Long Shadow (based on the hunt for the Yorkshire Ripper) was very good.

The Detectives: Taking Down an OCG. BBC2.
Brilliant documentary that demonstrates the passion of the detectives to take down a scumbag drug ring in Rochdale as well as the personal risk to them and their families.
No spoilers but If you watch it make sure you watch the final screens as you get to the credits at the end of the last episode.

Just watched dope sick on Disney plus. Based on a true story of a major pharmaceutical company and their production of a pain killer that was more addictive than they advertised. Michael Keaton plays the lead. Highly recommend.

Just watching the first episode of Bill Bailey's Australian Adventure (called Bill Bailey's Wild West Australia in Oz).

Anyone who wants to know why Western Australia is the best place on earth to live should watch it :)

Started on 'Bodies' but not sure I will finish, for something a little less confusing with a nice noir-ish feel try 'Dark Winds', a thriller set on a Navajo reservation in the 70s. I believe a 2nd series has been produced but the 1st is only just available now.
It's worth persevering with and it's a slow reveal, the threads gradually link up near the end.

I’ve just watched the first two episodes of Boat Story, the BBC’s latest thriller.
I would recommend it. Good cast, good characters and an interesting plot.

Recommend an Aussie comedy called Fisk, which is about a straight talking female solicitor. Available on ITVX and Netflix.

Berlin 1933

BBC iPlayer

Eerily compelling and shocking in equal measure. Stick with it, it's very good.

'Kin' on BBC iPlayer - excellent, tense drama about an Irish drug gang/family. Brilliant cast including Aidan Gillan, Ciaran Hinds and Charlie Cox.

There’s a great football related documentary on Sky called Next Goal Wins. It covers the story of American Samoa’s football team, whose claim to fame was losing 31-0 to Australia in 2001. It’s a really uplifting story and a great insight into how smaller countries struggle to compete. Some of the pitches they play on are worse than pub league pitches.

There is a film of the same name due to be released soon.

Back
Top Bottom