What have you been listening to lately?

Shed Seven with support from The Sherlocks at the O2 Oxford on 2nd December
Tickets on sale this Wednesday

Shed Seven with support from The Sherlocks at the O2 Oxford on 2nd December
Tickets on sale this Wednesday
Shedcember is always an essential part of our year, they are bloody amazing live. We will go for Birmingham though on the following Saturday and make a night of it.

Shedcember is always an essential part of our year, they are bloody amazing live. We will go for Birmingham though on the following Saturday and make a night of it.
not gonna 'meet' em on a Friday then? ;)

,,, Ive already got me coat on, I'll close the door on my way out

"She left me on Friday, and ruined my weekend..."

Stranglers at The Halls in Wolverhampton last Saturday (16th). 50 years, sold out venue, they have a long list of material they can cover and put on a great show.

Hmm, I was hoping to buy a ticket for Patti Smith at the American Express summer series at Somerset House.
Annoyingly both my debit card and credit card are Mastercard, and got the message "this credit card type is not valid". No other options eg paypal.

Hmm, I was hoping to buy a ticket for Patti Smith at the American Express summer series at Somerset House.
Annoyingly both my debit card and credit card are Mastercard, and got the message "this credit card type is not valid". No other options eg paypal.
Oh, you mean because the type.

I used to ( in collaboraion with OUFC supporters club initially ) put on regular live gigs at The Manor - initially in the old changing rooms/ Manor club , and bigger gigs were in the Supporters club itself. A lot of up n coming young and not so young local bands , as well as more than a few touring ones, played at 'The Kooler' at the Manor

I eventually moved promoting bands from The Manor to The Bullingdon cowley road... (eventually after a time at the Bullington, I was promoting live bands at ( yes THAT one) The White Horse High Wycombe for a few years).

Good to see the club is 'reviving something good for the younger ( in the main) people of Oxford(shire)- and for now at the Bully on Cowley rd

Maybe, once the stadium is built, should the 'sports bar' be suitable ,there will be live gigs there after 2026 ?

I went to see Air playing Moon Safari at the London coloseum last night.
I thought they did well to convert a very much studio creaetd album to a live experience with guitars and several keyboards and a drummer, as well as various other electronic gadgets.

What I struggled with was the support act, a DJ who spent 40 minutes taking her head phones on and off, twiddling a few knobs and adjusting a fader or two, repeatedly checking all the wires were plugged in, whilst occasionally disappearing beneath her mixing desk to get another 12" out. As it was entirely seated I didn't see the point as there was no audience dancing along to get any reaction to it.

I went to see Air playing Moon Safari at the London coloseum last night.
I thought they did well to convert a very much studio creaetd album to a live experience with guitars and several keyboards and a drummer, as well as various other electronic gadgets.

What I struggled with was the support act, a DJ who spent 40 minutes taking her head phones on and off, twiddling a few knobs and adjusting a fader or two, repeatedly checking all the wires were plugged in, whilst occasionally disappearing beneath her mixing desk to get another 12" out. As it was entirely seated I didn't see the point as there was no audience dancing along to get any reaction to it.
Blimey that's a name from the past, didn't realise they were still going. I was first introduced to their music when they supported New Order at Finsbury Park in 2002, they were great that day and certainly lifted what was a pretty drenched crowd, it chucked it down pretty much the whole day, only stopping just before New Order took to the stage at about 8pm, so we'd put up with about 7 hours of downpour.

Back
Top Bottom