• **** New European Championships section: HERE. ****

What Have You Been Watching Lately? (No Spoilers)

The Mandalorian S3 - 6 episodes so far .... Im certainly enjoying the series so far

Currently watching:
Greys Anatomy
Station 19
Race around the world (S2)
Tempting Fortune

Want to watch:
Six Four
Succession
Dreamland

Just finished:
House of Dragons

Race Across the World is proper telleh. One of the BBC’s better efforts of late.

The Mandalorian S3 - 6 episodes so far .... Im certainly enjoying the series so far
even more so after episode 7 ..... series finale (next week) has been set up for an explosive conclusion, and with a potential connection to the beginnings of the rise of First Order ( the Empire replacement in the trio of sequel star wars films - 7,8,9 )

Newly released film AIR , is now available free if you have Amazon Prime.
The story of how a sleepy Nike attracted Michael Jordan to there roster .

Bit of an odd one, but for anyone of a certain age whose mother served up tea at exactly six o'clock so she could watch her favourite soap....

... then Helena Bonham carter does a good job of playing Noelle Gordon in the fun three-parter Nollie, which charts her final weeks on Crossroads

Watched the first episode of Ten Pound Poms on the iPlayer last night. Can't say it's grabbing me. Transparently formulaic, unconvincing, stereotypical characters, unremarkable acting (compared to say Martin Freeman in The Responder). Can't see me moving onto episode 2 unless anyone on here tells me it gets a lot better.

By the by, I don't know if it the UHD settings on my TV (yes I've tried many settings/options etc) but the colours don't look natural.

Watched the first episode of Ten Pound Poms on the iPlayer last night. Can't say it's grabbing me. Transparently formulaic, unconvincing, stereotypical characters, unremarkable acting (compared to say Martin Freeman in The Responder). Can't see me moving onto episode 2 unless anyone on here tells me it gets a lot better.

By the by, I don't know if it the UHD settings on my TV (yes I've tried many settings/options etc) but the colours don't look natural.
It doesn't get any better and for what it's worth, I think they've deliberately 'washed' the colour to give a period look.

Head for 'Blue Lights' - a brilliant BBC police police procedural set in Belfast and telling the story of four new recruits in a post 'troubles' city.

It doesn't get any better and for what it's worth, I think they've deliberately 'washed' the colour to give a period look.

Head for 'Blue Lights' - a brilliant BBC police police procedural set in Belfast and telling the story of four new recruits in a post 'troubles' city.
Agree, Blue Lights is good, Ten Pound Poms is terrible soppy Sunday teatime fare - with 'issues'.

Ten Pound Poms - think the filming was done like that to give it "character"...... because they were that desperate. :ROFLMAO:

I found Forensics: The Real CSI rather interesting... also on iplayer if you get bored with Sepia Poms for Β£10.

• React
Reactions: QR
β€œWhite House Plumbers” a 5 part series on Sky Atlantic.
A tongue in cheek,in period ,dramatisation of the events leading up to and including,the bungled burglary’s and bugging of the Watergate building .
If you knew nothing about these events, you’d think it was one long P**s take .
Compelling, but absolutely hilarious, I’ve haven’t laughed so much in ages .
The casting is brilliant, Edwards wife Dorothy is top class .

Last edited:
BBC2, once up a time in Northern Ireland. Documentary about the troubles.

BBC2, once up a time in Northern Ireland. Documentary about the troubles.
Everyone should watch Once Upon a Time in Northern Ireland. It's harrowing, worrying, shocking, difficult, staggeringly honest, exceptional, educational in equal measures.

Watch it and become less ignorant.

As is said in the programme 'One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist'.

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Last edited:
Currently watching Last King of the Cross on Sky Showcase, loving it so far would definitely recommend

For those of a similar age to myself (my username is a clue) the Talking Pictures TV channel is having a re-run of many early episodes of Crown Court (1972-84) and this makes for nostalgic viewing as it shows what clothes ordinary people were wearing in the early 1970's. Although the cases shown are fictional, real juries were actually recruited by the TV producers to decide the innocence or guilt of the defendants. Because the episodes were filmed on working days, many of the jury members are pensioners, and a few of them are so old that they must surely have been born in the 1880's. It must have been quite an experience for these people to find themselves on colour TV!

An interesting bit of trivia is that the crown court itself is set in the fictional town of Fulchester. This is also a name used by the comic Viz, possibly as a sort of amusing tribute to the programme.

Most of the episodes I have seen so far have rather racy storylines and are very politically incorrect with lots of pandering to stereotypes. For example, a woman accused of fraud by passing off fake paintings as genuine (and openly admitting to being interested in money) is said to be Jewish, even though she does not physically resemble one. An art critic in the same episode is depicted as a camp, flamboyant homosexual. Another episode showed a close-up of an attractive female witness's cleavage. Possibly the most offensive one was about a female teacher (charged with assaulting a copper by coshing him with a cold chisel) who said that she invited one of her pupils back to her home because he was a "very attractive young boy"!

It's very enjoyable viewing, although the screening times are currently outside the peak hours. It also has teletext subtitles for those who need them.

Last edited:
For those of a similar age to myself (my username is a clue) the Talking Pictures TV channel is having a re-run of many early episodes of Crown Court (1972-84) and this makes for nostalgic viewing as it shows what clothes ordinary people were wearing in the early 1970's. Although the cases shown are fictional, real juries were actually recruited by the TV producers to decide the innocence or guilt of the defendants. Because the episodes were filmed on working days, many of the jury members are pensioners, a few of them are so old that they must surely have been born in the 1880's. It must have been quite an experience for these people to find themselves on colour TV!

An interesting bit of trivia is that the crown court itself is set in the fictional town of Fulchester. This is also a name used by the comic Viz, possibly as a sort of amusing tribute to the programme.

Most of the episodes I have seem so far have rather racy storylines and are very politically incorrect with lots of pandering to stereotypes. For example, a woman accused of fraud (and openly admitting to being interested in money) is said to be Jewish, even though she does not physically resemble one. Another episode showed a close-up of an attractive female witness's cleavage. Possibly the most offensive one was about a female teacher (charged with assaulting a copper by coshing him with a cold chisel) who said that she invited one of her pupils back to her home because he was a "very attractive young boy"!

It's very enjoyable viewing, although the screening times are currently outside the peak hours. It also has teletext subtitles for those who need them.
I remember that being on but never saw it! I was always at school. In general I don’t tend to feel drawn to old reruns, they just look shabby now and everyone seems to overact.

Back
Top Bottom