What have you been listening to lately?

It is a great track, although I'd say my favourite is 'Read The Room', there is just something about the uneasiness of it that is really connecting with me.

The new release is the ultimate headphones album.
Yes I thought it was decent - a 7/10 - on first listen via room speakers. Would bump it up to an 8 or 9 after repeated listens on headphones. Thought the first album was decent but much prefer this one.

Roundhouse tickets on sale today at 10:00 😊
I got a presale ticket today though I wasn't registered for the presale through Ticketweb.
Just went on Ride website and clicked the link. None of the other ticket agencies selling till 10am tomorrow

Went to Beam me up festival on the Cowley Road last weekend. Saw some really good new bands. Danny Mellin, a local lad was outstanding. Would recommend giving him a listen

What happened to the student union gig tour? Jo Bartlett / Indie Through the Looking Glass shared a University of Surrey gig list from the 1980s with Haircut 100, The Fall, John Martyn and this 1995 Sleeper Tour included four universities.
i've found out. The govenment in 1994 made it not compulsory to join the student unions, so you could spend the £20 on something else. Also withdrew student union funding for non-core services.

So student welfare and sports and the arts were allowed, but subsidising the indie band gig tour wasn't.

The Rest is History podcast is currently covering the UK in 1974 ( no. 417, 418, 419). Heath, Wilson, power cuts, 3 day week, two general elections etc, etc. Anyone interested in politics will love it. I was crying with laughter during the third episode (419). Unbelievable stuff!

I don’t do gigs very often. I’ve seen Meat Loaf and Fleetwood Mac live.

I always listen to Heart 80’s in the car. You have to love a bit of colonel Abrams 😂

i've found out. The govenment in 1994 made it not compulsory to join the student unions, so you could spend the £20 on something else. Also withdrew student union funding for non-core services.

So student welfare and sports and the arts were allowed, but subsidising the indie band gig tour wasn't.
Maybe that’s what inspired them to f**k up the European small band tour scene with brexit as well? Still, I’m sure Covent Garden and Glyndebourne are doing OK. Good old tories.

What happened to the student union gig tour? Jo Bartlett / Indie Through the Looking Glass shared a University of Surrey gig list from the 1980s with Haircut 100, The Fall, John Martyn and this 1995 Sleeper Tour included four universities.

Fancied the f**k out of the lead singer of Sleeper.

Remember going to one of these tours when they played Brookes, wasn't a student but had family working there so could get tickets, was Embrace headlining and they were supported by the band that had Thom Yorkes brother in it.

Fancied the f**k out of the lead singer of Sleeper.

Remember going to one of these tours when they played Brookes, wasn't a student but had family working there so could get tickets, was Embrace headlining and they were supported by the band that had Thom Yorkes brother in it.
Unbelievable Truth

Back
Top Bottom