General Video of the Cabinet Meeting

I wasn’t able to watch this live, so thanks for recording and posting this.

Of course I’m biased, but those that spoke in support of the club totally blew their opponents out of the water with their debate, arguments, honesty, passion, and plain simple facts.

Proud to support our club.

'Hello I am Suzanne McIvor and I live near the Triangle.'

Not in Kidlington, then, but go on.

'Why are the council moving forward without proper engagement?'

Without this, you mean? Where the council asked the people of Oxfordshire - including Kidlington residents of which only 818 replied - what they thought about it?
https://mycouncil.oxfordshire.gov.uk/documents/s59844/CA_MAR1522R15 APPENDIX 1.pdf

'The club claim that The Triangle has already been consulted on under the SB proposal. This is misleading. Under the SB negotiations, the Triangle would have been retained as open green space for sports pitches ...'

And under the plans for the Triangle, a smaller patch of land inaccessible to the public land is being used instead. 18.3 hectares of green space will remain at SB with the sports clubs in situ. There's no guarantee they'll receive upgraded facilities from OUFC as a result of the Triangle but we may give them something - if KPC allow. The green space at SB is exactly what you wanted to keep, right?

'The council has clear constitutional obligations to consult the community but is refusing to do so. Appropriate consultation is required before any lease negotiations particularly as this proposal is on green belt.'

Back to this again, Ms McIvor.
https://mycouncil.oxfordshire.gov.uk/documents/s59844/CA_MAR1522R15 APPENDIX 1.pdf

Re. Green belt. What could consultation from residents do if the club haven't put forward what they plan to build? The club have mentioned sustainability and ecodesign will be at the heart of what they plan. Allow us to enter negotiations and then we can show you what is planned. If you don't like it, you can have your say then - and I'm sure you will ...

I mean I could go on and may well do to repute every point she makes, but that's something for when I have more time!

I watched it live and thought all our contributors were fantastic. I did not note the names, but the 2 Kidlington business women spoke wonderfully, and our women's vice captain Riva Casley making the point about not being able to play at Grenoble Road certainly hit home.

Harry Hill what a champ, he has a great future in front of him,

As for the antis-McIvor, as someone else on this forum mentioned she sucked life out of the room with her vindictiveness.
The north Oxford resident who cared so much he couldn't be bothered to take half a days leave to attend in person. Neither furthered their cause,

I watched it live and thought all our contributors were fantastic. I did not note the names, but the 2 Kidlington business women spoke wonderfully, and our women's vice captain Riva Casley making the point about not being able to play at Grenoble Road certainly hit home.

Harry Hill what a champ, he has a great future in front of him,

As for the antis-McIvor, as someone else on this forum mentioned she sucked life out of the room with her vindictiveness.
The north Oxford resident who cared so much he couldn't be bothered to take half a days leave to attend in person. Neither furthered their cause,
He streamed in from work, in sw*nd*n, apparently?

Last edited:
Thank you for that, Paul
We seemed to wipe the floor with the opposition.
Middleton really is a prat, isn’t he?

Thanks to everyone for your kind words about my son Harry who spoke yesterday. He was made up when I was showing him all the lovely comments about him!
he was an absolute star, who spoke with passion and purpose - thankyou, and Harry

I also have to add what a star Harry was. I was close to tears.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom