General 19/09/2023 - OCC Cabinet Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Huge decision to be made, which will affect the clubs future.

It is RECCOMMENDED to approve the sale of the land. This decision still swings in balance, especially after the "news" of another piece of land "on offer" which FoSB seem to be keen on.

This thread will open at 0930 on the 19th Sept.

For more info, including the video link, see: https://mycouncil.oxfordshire.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=115&MId=7100

Last edited:
I'm just wondering, has the club considered looking at extending the lease at the Kassam and/or buying the ground and redeveloping the stadium?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I know it's late but I'm just wondering if that might be a workable alternative.
Kassam will not Lease or sell us the site he wants to knock it down and build houses far more money for him.

come on Oxfordshire County Council both your consultation and your more recent survey are overwhelmingly in favour of leasing/ selling the Triangle to Oxford United FC , so do the right thing and vote to progress to the planning stage, with no more delays, at today's meeting.

I'm just wondering, has the club considered looking at extending the lease at the Kassam and/or buying the ground and redeveloping the stadium?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I know it's late but I'm just wondering if that might be a workable alternative.
Wooosh.

On the news this morning I'm sure that the presenter said that "someone was claiming that it's illegal to sell the land". Am 99% sure this is what she said.

Incredible. Why didn't we think of this before?! All this time wasted on a new stadium when the answer is right in front of us.

I'm setting up a grassroots campaign called 'wHy cAn't We StAy aT ThE KaSsAm sTaDiUm?' Who's in?

Let's play FOSB bingo

1) No evidence the club needs to move
2) Green belt
3) Parking issues
4) Violence in Kidlington
5) tHe CoMmuNiTy DoEsN't WaNt iT
6) OUFC Bribing OCC
7) Wild flower meadows
8) Mysterious species living on the triangle

Sorry, but I think you are in a wonderland. Please do not even consider it. A fate worse than death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom