General 19/09/2023 - OCC Cabinet Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how long us the leasehold for?

Sorry it it's been mentioned, but just jumped on at work.

I know there are a lot of further hurdles, but positive news!

So I am also guessing the tree huggers could still block the proposed development at some stage ?
125 years?

Yyyyyyyyyyyuueeeeeeéeereessssssss
Yyyyyyyyyyyuuuueeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss
Yyyyyyyyyyyuuuueeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss yyyyyyyyyyyuuuueeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss

F6ZBHW8XMAASxxk

Really positive news. Excited to see more detailed plans from the club now. I think the designers are really going to have to take it to the next level on the environmental side of things. A fully costed true net-zero carbon plan won't be easy - does anyone know of any net zero carbon stadiums globally?

Can someone confirm that the council actually stipulated that the club would need to provide a fully costed net-zero carbon plan? That would make the stadium not just 'environmentally friendly', but probably the most climate friendly stadium worldwide? That is a hell of a challenge.

The only stadium that I can find that comes close to net zero carbon is the Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle (https://climatepledgearena.com/), which cost over $1bn to renovate.

I've got to be an honest I'm quite concerned that the council have - perhaps inadvertently- set the club an almost impossible target to meet?

Can someone confirm that the council actually stipulated that the club would need to provide a fully costed net-zero carbon plan? That would make the stadium not just 'environmentally friendly', but probably the most climate friendly stadium worldwide? That is a hell of a challenge.

The only stadium that I can find that comes close to net zero carbon is the Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle (https://climatepledgearena.com/), which cost over $1bn to renovate.

I've got to be an honest I'm quite concerned that the council have - perhaps inadvertently- set the club an almost impossible target to meet?
It'll be nuclear powered - one of the cheapest and most efficient sources of energy.

I emailed Anneliese Dodds yesterday and she has responded today.

Dear Mr Hobbs,

Thank you for your email. As you say, it’s a real shame the club can’t stay in East Oxford; but as things stand this won’t work out. A League One side needs a stadium it can use and adapt as it pleases; and the new site will allow the women’s team to play there as well. I hope the move will allow the Yellow Boys (and Girls!) to achieve even more in the future.

With best wishes,

Anneliese

Office of Anneliese Dodds MP
Unit A, Bishop's Mews, Transport Way
Cowley, Oxford, OX4 6HD

🥰🥰🥰💛💙💛💙

Dear Mr Hobbs,

Thank you for your email. As you say, it’s a real shame the club can’t stay in East Oxford; but as things stand this won’t work out. A League One side needs a stadium it can use and adapt as it pleases; and the new site will allow the women’s team to play there as well. I hope the move will allow the Yellow Boys (and Girls!) to achieve even more in the future.

With best wishes,

Anneliese

Cowley, Oxford, OX4 6HD

🥰🥰🥰💛💙💛💙
Must near time for an election, when has she really ever cared about OUFC ?

Dear Mr Hobbs,

With best wishes,

Anneliese

Cowley, Oxford, OX4 6HD

🥰🥰🥰💛💙💛💙
It’s nice that she gave you all those hearts and kisses! I quite often see her around in east Oxford, I reckon she’s alright.

That’s it folks we are off to planning, as I said before. The most encouraging thing throughout this meeting, is that the cabinet really wanted this to go through from the off. You could see in their body language, and enthusiasm when speaking. Despite some concerns, this was always going to happen.

Loved how a few disappeared during the meeting knowing there goose was cooked.

We now get to see what the plans are, and it’s now down to OUFC to meet all the required worries. I think having a long term lease is a far better option. 250 year lease paying a small amount of rent is a win win for us as a fanbase and the future of the football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom