General KPC Parish Council Meeting 7/9/23

It’s hard to hear/watch them talk about the club with such negativity, but when all is said and done, KPC has no more of a voice in this that any resident of the county.

Cllr Mawson abstained in the vote to object formally to OCC and ask for the process to be stopped. This is due to her place in planning committee at CDC, though her contributions to the discussion were all anti the proposals. The vote was passed by a significant majority. Hats off to Phil and Danny - it was hard enough to endure via Zoom, to be there must be excruciating.

There was a councillor who was more constructive than the rest. He wanted to focus on ensuring that KPC worked with OCC to guarantee the benefits to the residents of Kidlington, which, after all, is an important aspect of their role.

Middleton said that he thought the Chief Exec’s report read as though approval on the 19th was likely but said that it was certainly not guaranteed to go through cabinet. He later went on to reassure his colleagues that this process was far from over and that he didn’t see how it could go through planning and even if it did that a Judicial Review and Public Enquiry could follow.

It’s hard to hear/watch them talk about the club with such negativity, but when all is said and done, KPC has no more of a voice in this that any resident of the county.

Cllr Mawson abstained in the vote to object formally to OCC and ask for the process to be stopped. This is due to her place in planning committee at CDC, though her contributions to the discussion were all anti the proposals. The vote was passed by a significant majority. Hats off to Phil and Danny - it was hard enough to endure via Zoom, to be there must be excruciating.

There was a councillor who was more constructive than the rest. He wanted to focus on ensuring that KPC worked with OCC to guarantee the benefits to the residents of Kidlington, which, after all, is an important aspect of their role.

Middleton said that he thought the Chief Exec’s report read as though approval on the 19th was likely but said that it was certainly not guaranteed to go through cabinet. He later went on to reassure his colleagues that this process was far from over and that he didn’t see how it could go through planning and even if it did that a Judicial Review and Public Enquiry could follow.
You bet your life it's excruciating being there, he's come home and had a beer, tore up most of what he was going to say because it's a waste of breath on them.

You bet your life it's excruciating being there, he's come home and had a beer, tore up most of what he was going to say because it's a waste of breath on them.
They’re an absolute disgrace. Good on him for fighting the good fight though. It’s much appreciated.

He’ll be proved right when Oxfordshire is benefiting from a world-class facility.

We’ll all be proved right.

Cllr Mawson abstained in the vote to object formally to OCC and ask for the process to be stopped. This is due to her place in planning committee at CDC, though her contributions to the discussion were all anti the proposals.

Yes, a wonderfully planned and well rehearsed peice of theatre for the camera I'm sure.

Cllr Mawson has predetermined anti-stadium views and should not be allowed to take part in any vote regarding the stadium at CDC.

She voted against the stadium plans at a recent KPC and as the screenshots below show she tipped off an anti-stadium (and extinction rebellion supporting account) about some info as far back as March 2022.

Screenshot_20230907_232352_X.jpgScreenshot_20230907_232419_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230907_232525_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230907_234052_X.jpgScreenshot_20230907_234020_X.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, a wonderfully planned and well rehearsed peice of theatre for the camera I'm sure.

Cllr Mawson has predetermined anti-stadium views and should not be allowed to take part in any vote regarding the stadium at CDC.

She voted against the stadium plans at a recent KPC and as the screenshots below show she tipped off an anti-stadium (and extinction rebellion supporting account) about some info as far back as March 2022.

View attachment 15484View attachment 15485View attachment 15486
View attachment 15488View attachment 15487
Maybe the CDC leaders should see this and see that her point of view on the triangle is already pre determined like is thugs and hooligans who were at Wembley 😡

@LeftSideLarry can you confirm something for us

Middleton says it will likely go through on the 19th but adds not get through cabinet.

I and many others thought the 19th was decision day and it was yes or no, if there is another vote at cabinet when is that likely to be.

This is the first time I’ve heard about another vote at OCC level

great detective work @Orkney Islands Yellow ... these opponents to progress should be called out and be accountable for their actions

@LeftSideLarry can you confirm something for us

Middleton says it will likely go through on the 19th but adds not get through cabinet.

I and many others thought the 19th was decision day and it was yes or no, if there is another vote at cabinet when is that likely to be.

This is the first time I’ve heard about another vote at OCC level
Only the 1 vote the 19th

Only the 1 vote the 19th
I may have misunderstood, but I think I read somewhere that all County Councillors will be discussing the results of the recent survey on 13th Sept, prior to the meeting on 19th Sept?

I may have misunderstood, but I think I read somewhere that all County Councillors will be discussing the results of the recent survey on 13th Sept, prior to the meeting on 19th Sept?

Yeah, there's a scrutiny meeting within OCC on the 13th I believe was said on the webinar last night.

Yep. That’s just on the consultation phase itself. It’s not the actual decision on the lease/sale, which is on the 19 September.
My badly made point being , as well as emailing County council cabinet members, IF you live in the Shire and your own County Councillor isn't a cabinet member, maybe email them individually too, and before 13th Sept, in advance of the Survey discussion meeting

There is a regular below-the-line poster on most OM stadium stories by the name of 'Ferretmeister' which is rather close to her Twitter handle. Is it her? If so, there's a treasure trove of predeterminism there.

As though it needs saying again, how is this in any way having a neutral position? Do OCC and CDC keep a log of what he says and does on other council matters that he's involved with? He had the gall to say that OCC were predetermined on this and his view always been set in stone.

I know the stadium is priority and getting that would be the cake but to see Chester V lose all his little fiefdoms as well would be a massive cherry on it.

There is a regular below-the-line poster on most OM stadium stories by the name of 'Ferretmeister' which is rather close to her Twitter handle. Is it her? If so, there's a treasure trove of predeterminism there.

As though it needs saying again, how is this in any way having a neutral position? Do OCC and CDC keep a log of what he says and does on other council matters that he's involved with? He had the gall to say that OCC were predetermined on this and his view always been set in stone.

I know the stadium is priority and getting that would be the cake but to see Chester V lose all his little fiefdoms as well would be a massive cherry on it.
I'm sure a little word in Liam walker ear would help things along

Back
Top Bottom