Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Yes. Yes it is. Other clubs seem to have done exactly that.
Such as? As has been mentioned before, many clubs have replaced the outgoing players with like for like replacements, and many of them are on loan. We want to sign a CB permanently so no, it’s not going to be that easy is it?

Robinson has already said he will immediately loan them out which means we will only see them if there’s an injury, which also means that if we see them at all we have no depth. The end result is only ever having two centre halves available, and even if Long has to move over then it means we have a midfielder playing right back. We have four defenders, total, even in this scenario. I think raising an eyebrow is fair.
If you absolutely discard Jones who has from memory played at least 3 league games for us?
I assume that one of the plus sides of an U23 squad is that in emergencies you could call on Jones, Lofthouse and Spasov?

Hang on a second.
Perhaps just perhaps, Karl Robinson, a Football League manager of nearly 11 years and 569 games and with detailed knowledge of the players and business of our club, knows what he’s doing.
Have we or could we even consider that, or is anyone on here clamouring for signings more in the know and / or better trained and experienced to comment?
I give you.... Sean Clare at RB for week after week.

Robinson has already said he will immediately loan them out which means we will only see them if there’s an injury, which also means that if we see them at all we have no depth. The end result is only ever having two centre halves available, and even if Long has to move over then it means we have a midfielder playing right back. We have four defenders, total, even in this scenario. I think raising an eyebrow is fair.

Hold on. You are forgetting that we have Jamie Hanson!

I have a strong feeling that KR will play Hanson at CB or RB if cover is needed!!

I give you.... Sean Clare at RB for week after week.
Good player, tried him at right back, didn’t work. Josh Ruffels, midfielder, tried him at left back, it worked.
Others have been played out of position and some work, some don’t but I’m sure he was tried at right back for very good reasons, some or all of which you and I may well be unaware of. We‘ve seen him play in both positions, hindsight is all we have here.

Good player, tried him at right back, didn’t work. Josh Ruffels, midfielder, tried him at left back, it worked.
Others have been played out of position and some work, some don’t but I’m sure he was tried at right back for very good reasons, some or all of which you and I may well be unaware of. We‘ve seen him play in both positions, hindsight is all we have here.
Hindsight, come on. Clare was played at RB for weeks after practically everyone on here (us know nothing supporters) said it was a disaster.
Then, loaned him out after playing him a few times in a position he was very decent in.

I'm sure LJS isn't saying that we (even as a collective) are always right on here.

But the 'playing Sean Clare at right back' and the 'we need a CB' topics on here certainly predated (by weeks and weeks) KR moving Clare and (now) saying we need a CB!

I also think the 'KR has much more experience so he must be right and we shouldn't ever say anything else' argument is a bit daft. This is a discussion forum and as such we are ALWAYS going to discuss what the manager does or what he doesn't do. You could apply the same argument to the players (I suspect few of us on here have played football at that level!), so maybe we shouldn't ever discuss their performances either?

Hindsight, come on. Clare was played at RB for weeks after practically everyone on here (us know nothing supporters) said it was a disaster.
Then, loaned him out after playing him a few times in a position he was very decent in.
I’m not saying we know nothing. I’ve played and followed football for 35 years so I’d like to think I know something as do many others on here I’m sure. It didn’t work, but after playing him further forward, why did he loan him out?

Has anyone seen that Mous has had his operation? Perhaps he’s well enough to get through the odd game if required

I'm sure LJS isn't saying that we (even as a collective) are always right on here.

But the 'playing Sean Clare at right back' and the 'we need a CB' topics on here certainly predated (by weeks and weeks) KR moving Clare and (now) saying we need a CB!

I also think the 'KR has much more experience so he must be right and we shouldn't ever say anything else' argument is a bit daft. This is a discussion forum and as such we are ALWAYS going to discuss what the manager does or what he doesn't do. You could apply the same argument to the players (I suspect few of us on here have played football at that level!), so maybe we shouldn't ever discuss their performances either?
You’re putting words in my mouth.
I’m not saying Robinson must be right and we‘re not. It is a discussion forum and obviously discussion of opinions is encouraged, that’s why I’ve never blocked anyone, because everyone has a right to express their opinion.
Even Kip, one day will post something I read more than once.
I’m not trying to shut this down, just saying that we don’t know as much as Robinson and therefore while we trundle on down the road of must sign X or must sign Y because Z is s**t have we stopped to think why we haven’t?

I'm not saying start Spasov over Taylor every game, but we could try and bleed in the youngsters a bit more, especially closer to the end of the season if we can't go up (like Nico Jones a couple of seasons ago).

Certainly not going to complain if we go all in for promotion, just saying I wouldn't mind us playing safe and building for next season. Say we brought in a loanee on ~5k a week and don't go up, that's a lot of money + playing time that have been invested elsewhere.

I'd like to see a cameo from Spasov. Great name.

Back
Top Bottom