Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Because no deadlines were set! Saying we want to get our business done early is massively subjective! We could still bring players in before our 2nd league game this year, which is pretty early!!! We could have agreed to move a player out to free up the spaces we needed, and have done that. We may have deals agreed in principal but due to restrictions have not yet brought players to the training ground to finalise things. We may be waiting for the FA Cup games this weekend to allow clubs to release players, or may be waiting for clubs to source replacements before completing our end.

There are many reasons why we haven't brought players in yet, but that doesn't mean that we're not in a good place at this time. Why can't you see that?
Then to be fair KR should keep quiet

The problem is S @Carpy17 says he sets sort of deadlines like get things done early and we always seem to get buisness done late. All KR has to do is keep buisness close to his chest and when we get the Klaxon we can all get excited and be careful pleasantly surprised.

That's fine, but we have hundreds of posts (many from you) demanding news. If you're happy to wait for the klaxon then wait until a thread is opened on new signings and comment then. Give this one a wide birth until February!!!

The problem is S @Carpy17 says he sets sort of deadlines like get things done early and we always seem to get buisness done late. All KR has to do is keep buisness close to his chest and when we get the Klaxon we can all get excited and be careful pleasantly surprised.
Riiiight. And I’m sure everyone would be absolutely overjoyed with no comms from the club or the manager, during a transfer window? 🙄 Hes damned if he does and he’s damned if he doesnt. It’s half way through a window. I really don’t understand the hysteria. It’s not like we are in a relegation battle. We’re unbeaten in 10 and the signings we need are to add depth, not come to our rescue..

We've played 2 games this year, won both. So whether we think of things as being early or otherwise, there's no rush. Maybe if you weren't so desperate to find fault in what Robinson says you'll see the bigger picture.
I’m not desperate for anything other than Oxford to do well, I’m just capable of stepping out my bubble to see where other people may be coming from, you should try it

That's fine, but we have hundreds of posts (many from you) demanding news. If you're happy to wait for the klaxon then wait until a thread is opened on new signings and comment then. Give this one a wide birth until February!!!
I only enquire after so many ITKs and players names being based around, why not? But as much as KR has made thing may happen saved us from relegation in his first season and almost promotion last season (James Henry if only ) but his fault is at first players names and then last season and this transfer window it’s a case of getting buisness done early and yet half way through no buisness been done. If the season is curtailed some clubs will have extra wages they would have to pay whereas at the moment all we have is what we’ve got.
On the other hand is promotion on this years cards or are we just going through the motions to finish the season mid table.

Riiiight. And I’m sure everyone would be absolutely overjoyed with no comms from the club or the manager, during a transfer window? 🙄 Hes damned if he does and he’s damned if he doesnt. It’s half way through a window. I really don’t understand the hysteria. It’s not like we are in a relegation battle. We’re unbeaten in 10 and the signings we need are to add depth, not come to our rescue..
Nobody said no comms, tell us he’d like the strengthen a few areas one of which is CB, we’ll see where we get to and continue to monitor those on the fringes

But why add to that a deadline, whether you intend for it to be one or not, it’s quite clearly a line in the sand, and once it’s crossed, you look like you failed for absolutely no benefit and all sorts of things can be rightly or wrongly assumed from said failure

I agree on the last point though, signings enhance us but don’t make us

Nobody said no comms, tell us he’d like the strengthen a few areas one of which is CB, we’ll see where we get to and continue to monitor those on the fringes

But why add to that a deadline, whether you intend for it to be one or not, it’s quite clearly a line in the sand, and once it’s crossed, you look like you failed for absolutely no benefit

I agree on the last point though, signings enhance us but don’t make us
Why should KR come out and state the obvious to fans? We need a CB and a we need a winger. That’s glaringly obvious and has been the case for a while now; especially in terms of cover at CB. Surely he doesn’t have to spoon feed the obvious, just to appease a few impatient fans?

I think many, yourself included, seem to underestimate the amount of factors that come into play, when signing a player. I really don’t care if KR says he’s going to sign a player on the 1st of Jan and we sign someone on the 30th. If they are quality, they are quality. That’s football. Unfortunately, that’s how it works. It was the same before KR, and it will be the same after KR. If people choose to hang on to press comments in order to use them against him because his timeline doesn’t align with theirs, then fair enough. Do your thing. I’ll wait until the end of the window before I pass judgment. There is a long way to go..

Last edited:
But and it is a but 4 players are what we are looking to get in it appeared from many on here it was Cadden whereas personally I thought Sam Long has been very good for us since being back at RB. but others said we need to improve if we alwant to go for promotion damn wallop posted a picture of a red Merc with the name CAD in the registration, then you mentioned Luke Thomas we might compete for not sure what’s happened there whether he’s moved or staying at Barnsley.
Then there was euphoria of Gavin Whyte no way would we be able to compete with Hull although I can’t work that transfer out when they’ve got Wilks.
Now there is the Holland situation was supposed to be making his mind up after the Ions game against Stockport whether to come to us or Hull and you know what Hull will use to try and make that happen, “ we’ve more chance of promotion than Oxford you could end up with a champions medal “
Then there was a mention of Scott Wright a toss up between us and Rangers🤔
Then there was that Irish player you mentioned it’s gone quiet on that on, any news?
Finally we moved Clare out to Burton with no replacement, Clare up front was a better position for him and we all saw that the one two with Long at Plymouth showed the boy new what to do.

so yes a long reply but a fair one, and if your reply mate is still just under two weeks to go, yes I know but for crying out loud Robbo don’t say anything in future about your wants in the transfer window, we still have a minimum of three places to fill.

Last edited:
I gotta love KR really - he is like an excited schoolboy at the start of every transfer window with an over inflated sense of who our realistic transfer targets are. I have come to expect this now.

We need a couple in for competition but theres no reason why we can't get promotion in my opinion - apart from the obvious cover situation of course.

Why should KR come out and state the obvious to fans? We need a CB and a we need a winger. That’s glaringly obvious and has been the case for a while now; especially in terms of cover at CB. Surely he doesn’t have to spoon feed the obvious, just to appease a few impatient fans?

I think many, yourself included, seem to underestimate the amount of factors that come into play, when signing a player. I really don’t care if KR says he’s going to sign a player on the 1st of Jan and we sign someone on the 30th. If they are quality, they are quality. That’s football. Unfortunately, that’s how it works. It was the same before KR, and it will be the same after KR. If people choose to hang on to press comments in order to use them against him because his timeline doesn’t align with theirs, then fair enough. Do your thing. I’ll wait until the end of the window before I pass judgment. There is a long way to go..
Maybe a few so called ITK’s should shut their mouths then others
Yes me included won’t read what someone puts regard a player we are looking at and then a lot of others start to claim they’ve heard similar, and I think the biggest mistake of that in this window is Cadden
. Personally he didn’t want to come to us in the first place but was loaned back because the Yankee season hadn’t started and even though he knew all about us and most of the players he wasn’t interested in coming here when they’re yanks sold him, and yes I know it’s home for him but another person that wasn’t interested in us. And don’t forget we’ve been told we are going to get 4 players.

I gotta love KR really - he is like an excited schoolboy at the start of every transfer window with an over inflated sense of who our realistic transfer targets are. I have come to expect this now.

We need a couple in for competition but theres no reason why we can't get promotion in my opinion - apart from the obvious cover situation of course.
Not this season

But and it is a but 4 players are what we are looking to get in it appeared from many in here it was Cadden whereas personally I thought Sam Long has been very good for us since being back at RB but others said we need to improve if we alwant to go for promotion damn wallop posted a picture of a red Merc with the name CAD in the registration, then you mentioned Like Thomas we might compete for not sure what’s happened there whether he’s moved or staying at Barnsley.
Then there was euphoria of Gavin Whyte no way would we be able to compete with Hull although I can’t work that transfer out when they’ve got Wilks.
Now there is the Holland situation was supposed to be making his mind up after the Ions game against Stockport whether to come to us or Hull and you know what Hull will use to try and make that happen, “ we’ve more chance of promotion than Oxford you could end up with a champions medal “
Then there was a mention of Scott Wright a toss up between us and Rangers🤔
Then there was that Irish player you mentioned it’s gone quiet on that on, any news?
Finally we moved Clare out to Burton with no replacement, Clare up front was a better position for him and we all saw that the one two with Long at Plymouth showed the boy new what to do.

so yer a long reply but a fair one, and if your reply mate is still just under two weeks to go, yes I know but for crying out loud Robbo don’t say anything in future about your wants in the transfer window, we still gAbe a minimum of three places to fill.
Fair points Bazzer but for the most part, it’s due to drawing false conclusions. It’s forum gossip and it’s the same every window. Whyte was a shame, Cadden was never going to choose us over a local (to him) side in the SPL. Holland, I believe, will end up with us and the other names you mentioned have been pieced together from questionable Twitter sources. I haven’t heard anything further on the QPR defender but I would hope the club have made some enquiries. Aside from that, I haven’t heard much else..

We want communication from the club and when we get it, it’s still not good enough. Do you want KR to say “right lads, sod it. I’m going to sit on my ass for 3 weeks and then if I can be bothered, maybe we’ll sign someone” - I would much rather hear him say that he wants to get business done early because to me, that signals intent. Intent is the first step to success so everything beyond that point is fine with me because I know the club are putting in the effort to get it done.

And yes, I am going to say it. There are 2 weeks to go. Let’s all get our tits out when we haven’t signed anyone and it’s the eve of the 31st. Until then, in KR we trust.

Last edited:
Fair points Bazzer but for the most part, it’s due to drawing false conclusions. It’s forum gossip and it’s the same every window. Whyte was a shame, Cadden was never going to choose us over a local (to him) side in the SPL. Holland, I believe, will end up with us and the other names you mentioned have been pieced together from questionable Twitter sources. I haven’t heard anything further on the QPR defender but I would hope the club have made some enquiries. Aside from that, I haven’t heard much else..

We want communication from the club and when we get it, it’s still not good enough. Do you want KR to say “right lads, sod it. I’m going to sit on my ass for 3 weeks and then if I can be bothered, maybe we’ll sign someone” - I would much rather he say he wants to get business done early because to me, that signals intent. Intent is the first step to success so everything beyond that point is fine with me because I know the club are putting in the effort to get it done.

And yes, I am going to say it. There are 2 weeks to go. Let’s all get our tits out when we haven’t signed anyone and it’s the eve of the 31st. Until then, in KR we trust.
Off course I don’t want KR smtp do as you’ve suggested KR could do. Obviously along with most other OUFC fans want to hear of possible incomings in the transfer market but what gets to a majority of fans is the “ getting buisness done early “ and then nothing.
I do hope Holland chooses us but I also heard pre season that Sheffield Wednesday we’re looking to buy him. But yes I would welcome Holland here, and this QPR defender is being looked at. But we will have to wait and see.

6 points off of the play offs. Favourable run of games ahead, with 2 games in hand. Why not?
Yes we could catch Charlton with two games in game but as per my original post on this conversation we have 3 places to fill as someone pointed out to give us depth, at the moment we are going to rely on Sam Long for the over laps for the right wing.

Can’t see it, a bit different to last season as has been shown early in the season, on we are mid table 6 points behind Charlton, with Accrington above us 2 games in hand and Sunderland and Ipswich above having played the same amount as us and with all these postponements which will hinder us, just can’t see it. 3 players short other teams making loans and transfers to air them in their promotion or to help them get out of the relegation mix, yes we may get Holland but we need another defender and a right winger if we get those positions sorted then we may just may get a chance, but then again we may it and the season may get curtailed and with all these postponements can’t see the EFL using a PPG system.

Back
Top Bottom