Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I like Robbie Hall but sentimentality aside he has only played 76 minutes in the Lg this season and considering KR keeps saying he needs a wide player then for me he sadly needs to go with the squad limits.

Rob Hall is a strange one. We play with wingers, a striker, then central midfielders. Robinson keeps saying that he wants a wide player with pace, and he never seems to play Hall, so he clearly doesn’t view him as a wide player worth using. So where does he play? Central midfield? He seems more of a number 10 at this stage of his career (and maybe a decent one at this level) - maybe he will get a chance in the cup games?

Chris Solly, Jordan Obita, Josh Clarke?

Maybe a right back is more likely than left. Long has looked ok at centre half and covers left back. Ruffels (until the start of this season!) looks like he can play 50+ games per season without need for like for like cover.

Clare has been a disaster, and if Long is needed at centre half, maybe it'll be a right back were after...

Would obviously rather a CB, but considering Robbo's comments I think it's likely to be a full-back.

Jon Flanagan on a short term deal until January?

Jordon Obita, Ikechi Anya, Nathan Cameron, Rhys Bennett or Lloyd Jones. My bet is it is probably one of these. Obita or Anya probably most likely after what KR has said.

“It’s evident we do need another wide player... Equally, you look at that back line and you do need something in there... But if you just go for a centre back, it doesn’t half leave you short in the left back area and the wide area.”

Karl, Karl, Karl.

You currently have fit Dan Agyei, Joel Cooper, Mide Shodipo, Mark Sykes, James Henry and Anthony Forde who can all do a reasonable job out wide. Six players. For two positions.

You aren’t short in the wide area. Please don’t make this the hill that you die on. Just sign a centre back and play Cooper and Agyei on the wings. They both seem quite good and play pretty well

Lots of love,

A frustrated fan
I’d add signing a centre back puts Long back at RB and Claire (yes that’s right Claire) back where he belongs. Yes I know some are thinking ”in the stands watching”? No I was thinking perhaps he could play as a winger and he might be more Clare than Claire.

i would add that Long, however useful this season, was only back up RB last season so we’re still weaker in that position.

Back
Top Bottom