Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

There is every chance that any potential new signing, or signings, may or may not be defenders or midfielders. But it wouldn’t be right to name names, unless one or two get out through the press or someone else with form names them first, and then I’ll be happy to confirm that I’ve heard the same. Unless we just don’t sign anybody, which could also be the case. Or not. Depends. I couldn’t possibly confirm or deny until it’s already happened.
Well, that's a dead giveaway then. Spoilt all the surprise.

Like pace. Like defensive cover.

This isn't controversial.
We have the same amount of defenders as we did last year so I don't agree. Yes, we need pace. One signing such as Browne or Holland would resolve that issue.

We're hardly "very short" are we?

If there are players out there that improve us and they fit into the salary cap then we need to get them on board. If not don’t waste money and get players just to watch from the stands.

We have the same amount of defenders as we did last year so I don't agree.
To be fair, we were short then too. We simply got away with it as we never had more than the odd game where one defender at a time needed swapping out. We’ve also gone down in quality while not increasing quantity, because Atkinson isn’t as good as Dickie (yet) and Clare isn’t as good as Cadden. The defence is weaker and no deeper numbers wise, so that is a concern. Especially if we sign two more players and they’re both midfielders / wingers. We need a left winger, sure, but we need defensive cover far more than another central midfielder after that.

When Ben Woodburn rejoins instead of a defender and Sam Long slips over in the shower and breaks his bottom, less than a week after Rob Atkinson splits his ball bag in a freak badminton accident, I’m going to be upset. Amused and giggly, but upset.

Where’s Stuart Findlay? That Celtic match was ages ago.

We have the same amount of defenders as we did last year so I don't agree. Yes, we need pace. One signing such as Browne or Holland would resolve that issue.

We're hardly "very short" are we?
We are though aren’t we. Atkinson is nowhere near where Dickie was last season, yes he’s got huge potential but we need a decent experienced CB, Mous isn’t that, he’s a huge asset to the club but he’s basically just a coach who’s making up the numbers at the back because we have nobody else.

If we don’t sign another player has this transfer window been a failure, or has it been a successful one...

Failure, as we have simply added so many players with things to prove, rather than having the inspirational feel good factor the squad, when all were fit again, had back in March before cofid hit.
The momentum that squad had created would have us in the championship this season.

Failure, as we have simply added so many players with things to prove, rather than having the inspirational feel good factor the squad, when all were fit again, had back in March before cofid hit.
The momentum that squad had created would have us in the championship this season.
Not after 3 games it wouldn't!!!

I don't think anyone needs to panic, there's still a bit of time to do some deals and tonight the European window is closing, so many Premier League and Championship sides will turn their attention to players that need loaning out after tonight. The reason it's gone quiet at the club is because our permanent signings have been completed and we're waiting on sides higher up to get their business done first. Happens every season when it comes to loans.

Like what, Kip?

Competition for Ruffles, experienced centre back? Atkinson is still learning at this level and Mous won't play as many games due to age and the recent injury. Someone with pace moving forward on the left.

Back
Top Bottom