Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

Could we even afford him? Charlton maybe can. No doubt we'll get the usual "we weren't in for him" quote. Surely the opportunity is there to sign a quality player, even on a single years contract?
Given that there’s a wage cap, the only way the they could more easily afford him than Oxford, is if they have not spent as much on players that count under said cap than we have.

Which one of our relevant signings would you have wished we’d passed on in preference to MM?

Could we even afford him? Charlton maybe can. No doubt we'll get the usual "we weren't in for him" quote. Surely the opportunity is there to sign a quality player, even on a single years contract?

Where have you got we haven't got any money compared to other teams as you keep making this type of comment?

If we had no money we wouldn't have signed Matty Taylor on a 3 year contract or Cam Brannagan on a new contract; he'd have been sold instead. Also, if we had no money then we wouldn't still be looking to recruit. And we might not want to sign MM due to the baggage he brings and the potential disruption to the squad harmony/spirit which has been a big part of our success which one bad apple can ruin. MM might not be a bad apple but then again he could be and this will be part of any assessment, as it would be for any signing. There could be a myriad of reasons not to sign him or to sign him.

Given that there’s a wage cap, the only way the they could more easily afford him than Oxford, is if they have not spent as much on players that count under said cap than we have.

Which one of our relevant signings would you have wished we’d passed on in preference to MM?
All of them except brannagan / taylor.

Where have you got we haven't got any money compared to other teams as you keep making this type of comment?

Plus, as far as I can tell, Charlton Athletic remain a basketcase of a club and their future is very much still up in the air. Although new owners may or may not seal a deal to purchase the club, in these coviddy times you would have thought that any new signings would favour stability over uncertainty. I'd think we're still a VERY attractive prospect to potential signings.

May be slightly biased.

f
All of them except brannagan / taylor.
On a £ for £ basis (wages), we’d likely be a few players down. As a direct comparison, SW is likely to be on wages at the higher end of our structure, as MM would likely be. Both carry an element of risk, but I’d rather go with SW, purely on the basis of his goals.

Personally, I hope that MM signs. But the season so far has shown us that balance is needed throughout the squad and perhaps spending what we have left on MM is a risk too far.

Yes, we've been really, really bad at recruitment in recent years, absolutely awful.....

but we are slow in our recruitment, and some of the better players we may have been in for on a permanent basis tend to get swallowed uni by other clubs. I’ve been impressed with KR this last 18 months and has done well but, when he came here we knew I’m his targets as they were made known and did we get those targets? Now he has said what we want a LW, LB and a CB and he has targets now he has said he is struggling to get them over the line. Then there was the O’Donnell business couldn’t get him so we got 2nd choice in Sean Clare, last Saturdays performance was ok but The previous Weren’t I do hopehe comes good and is played in his correct position.

Plus, as far as I can tell, Charlton Athletic remain a basketcase of a club and their future is very much still up in the air. Although new owners may or may not seal a deal to purchase the club, in these coviddy times you would have thought that any new signings would favour stability over uncertainty. I'd think we're still a VERY attractive prospect to potential signings.

May be slightly biased.

The deal to take over Charlton was completed last week.

Come on Bazzer, thats not true..
Sometimes it’s true? Had you heard of Clare? but we don’t seem to get what we want, although we’ve got Winnal all we need now is the pace to feed Matty and Sam and it was to good to see Henry almost back to his best.

but we are slow in our recruitment, and some of the better players we may have been in for on a permanent basis tend to get swallowed uni by other clubs. I’ve been impressed with KR this last 18 months and has done well but, when he came here we knew I’m his targets as they were made known and did we get those targets? Now he has said what we want a LW, LB and a CB and he has targets now he has said he is struggling to get them over the line. Then there was the O’Donnell business couldn’t get him so we got 2nd choice in Sean Clare, last Saturdays performance was ok but The previous Weren’t I do hopehe comes good and is played in his correct position.
Haven't we signed just shy of 10 players, this window? It wasn't a case of us not being able to get O'Donnell; he had other options and chose to go elsewhere, for geographical reasons. Cant really blame that on the club.

Personally, we don't need a CB or a LB but a LW is definitely required. I would much rather we prioritised that position and I am sure the club are working hard, in order to address that.

Are you being serious? So last season we were 'left ' with Matt Taylor.
A couple of seasons ago Cameron Brannagan.
I assume your post was a wind up!
No I agree with you , but the latest KR has targets a LW, LB and a CB but now he tells us he’s struggling to get them through the door and with just under 3 weeks to go before the window shuts, tick tock

Sometimes it’s true? Had you heard of Clare? but we don’t seem to get what we want, although we’ve got Winnal all we need now is the pace to feed Matty and Sam and it was to good to see Henry almost back to his best.
Had you heard of Rob Dickie, Cameron Brannagan, Alex Gorrin, Elliot Moore, Mark Sykes or many of our other signings, before they joined us?

Haven't we signed just shy of 10 players, this window? It wasn't a case of us not being able to get O'Donnell; he had other options and chose to go elsewhere, for geographical reasons. Cant really blame that on the club.

Personally, we don't need a CB or a LB but a LW is definitely required. I would much rather we prioritised that position and I am sure the club are working hard, in order to address that.
But KR says he’s struggling to get them through the door and yes we need a LB and CB as well Sean Clare is not a right back.

Why does it matter if we've heard of a player?

If we had no money we wouldn't have signed Matty Taylor on a 3 year contract or Cam Brannagan on a new contract; he'd have been sold instead. Also, if we had no money then we wouldn't still be looking to recruit. And we might not want to sign MM due to the baggage he brings and the potential disruption to the squad harmony/spirit which has been a big part of our success which one bad apple can ruin. MM might not be a bad apple but then again he could be and this will be part of any assessment, as it would be for any signing. There could be a myriad of reasons not to sign him or to sign him.
May not be MM with his track record but we need a left winger and the only 2 we maybe able to get is Browne or Holland

I bet every club doesn't get all their targets in exactly the timeframe they want and I include Man Utd with the very public chase for Jadon Sancho. And we might not be slow but waiting to get the right player as Matty Taylor proved last year.

Back
Top Bottom