Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I thought it was one those three word location things that can tell you exactly where you are!

I'm darling.lion.race!!!

It's actually the activation phrase for one of the sleeper agents that Bazzer is handling on this forum.

Please flag up to moderators if you notice any posters that are, say, making outlandish claims, being strangely pessimistic despite our good business, or making overtly sexual advances to members of our senior playing staff.

Can we do that? Isn’t the squad capped at 22 players? From what I can make out players 21 or under don’t count unless they are loaned in, in which case they do. So if that is the case McGuane would count as a member of that squad. I think we’re at 21 currently if Osei Yaw isn’t included due to his age. So guess that means a more senior player would need to leave to make space for more than one addition. I could be wrong though.

Where did you read that about loan players being included in the 22 even if they are are under 21? I haven't seen anything mentioned like that from what I've read.

I also get us at 21 currently but as an aside McGuane isn't a senior player whilst Osei Yaw is.

Last edited:
So why would the BBC know that and Oxford United not?

I’m citing the football club. I’m assuming they know.

They might know but not report it. You'd assume they'd not give the Number 10 shirt to a player that's so dangerously close to leaving.

They might know but not report it. You'd assume they'd not give the Number 10 shirt to a player that's so dangerously close to leaving.
Until Oxford United confirm they got their own announcement wrong I can only assume it’s because they didn’t. If they correct it going forward fair enough. As it stands, they’ve always said he’s out of contract next June. We’ve never been shy about saying what deals we have extension options on, so I’m unsure why they’d forget that one but tell the BBC so they could report it.

We gave Whyte 10 last summer. He was gone a fortnight later. Doesn’t mean it’ll happen again, I’m merely saying we’ve done it.

Monday’s, eh.

It's actually the activation phrase for one of the sleeper agents that Bazzer is handling on this forum.

Please flag up to moderators if you notice any posters that are, say, making outlandish claims, being strangely pessimistic despite our good business, or making overtly sexual advances to members of our senior playing staff.
That covers nearly all those who post! (and one in particular, of course ;) )

Until Oxford United confirm they got their own announcement wrong I can only assume it’s because they didn’t. If they correct it going forward fair enough. As it stands, they’ve always said he’s out of contract next June. We’ve never been shy about saying what deals we have extension options on, so I’m unsure why they’d forget that one but tell the BBC so they could report it.

We gave Whyte 10 last summer. He was gone a fortnight later. Doesn’t mean it’ll happen again, I’m merely saying we’ve done it.

Monday’s, eh.
You have Whyte 10 last summer!!!! Bragging again ??

Where did you read that about loan players being included in the 22 even if they are are under 21? I haven't seen anything mentioned like that from what I've read.

I also get us at 21 currently but as an aside McGuane isn't a senior player whilst Osei Yaw is.

It was quoted in the Stoke local rag based on an article in the Telegraph. But I’m struggling to find much official about this, so it may be that this was being considered but never came into effect with the ruling.

Attachments

• 07089377-C2DC-4393-9565-61FE90881463.jpeg
    07089377-C2DC-4393-9565-61FE90881463.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 47
I think Sykes will have a big year for us (and fully expect him to sign an extension), but his current value is probably around £500-750k at best, and we'd be better keeping him. Dickie is attracting bids upwards of £2-3m and would cover a big chunk of our losses.
Are those firm bids or paper/social media talk? I believe it's the latter but would be delighted if I'm wrong!

Are those firm bids or paper/social media talk? I believe it's the latter but would be delighted if I'm wrong!
We all know that clubs sound each other out, often through agents or paper talk, long before formal bids are made. The absence of a formal bid doesn't mean that there is no activity.

I will leave the sexual advances toward the playing staff to you @beyondthefourth ?

Back
Top Bottom