Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I don't think anyone can convince Bazzer to think that we're a club chasing promotion until we've avoided relegation from the Championship

Avoiding relegation from the Championship is not a club chasing promotion to the Premier League.

4th is midtable?
This season we’re fourth the last 2 were mid table year before 8th so o would say we are classed as a mid table L1 side, but if promotion came along then we would have to work on being a mid table side in the championship.

I don't think anyone can convince Bazzer to think that we're a club chasing promotion until we've avoided relegation from the Championship
This season we’re chasing promotion but it appears you think we’re chasing promotion every season when that is not the case.

This season we’re chasing promotion but it appears you think we’re chasing promotion every season when that is not the case.

All I'm doing is pulling you up on the absurd claim that we're not chasing promotion this season and that we're a 'mid table' side. Surely nothing else matters than the position a club finds themselves in in the table? Bournemouth can technically be classed as a smaller side than Sunderland, but which one is currently in the Premier League?

I have no idea how we got onto this discussion on the transfer window thread, so to bring it back on topic, all I can say is I hope we sign a few new players for next season.

All I'm doing is pulling you up on the absurd claim that we're not chasing promotion this season and that we're a 'mid table' side. Surely nothing else matters than the position a club finds themselves in in the table? Bournemouth can technically be classed as a smaller side than Sunderland, but which one is currently in the Premier League?

I have no idea how we got onto this discussion on the transfer window thread, so to bring it back on topic, all I can say is I hope we sign a few new players for next season.

just for your information Bournemouth cheated their way to the premiership.
And I do know we are chasing promotion we chase every season but unfortunately we can’t do that season in season out, we got promotion from L2 with Eales in charge but that was all he could manage and he was honest enough to admit he couldn’t carry us forward. I hope tiger and cod can if were promoted.

Anyone seen this:

Good that we have reduced spending on agents fees of course.

But Sunderland. Good lord. £1.4m in agents fees alone and didn't even make the playoffs. Blimey.

Anyone seen this:

But Sunderland. Good lord. £1.4m in agents fees alone and didn't even make the playoffs. Blimey.

I do feel for BWFC not spending a penny. Must be awfully painful by now.

Anyone seen this:

And not only that... "Just over a third of the total spend in the division was at Sunderland, despite halving their spend from the previous 12 months."

:oops:

if we go up we will receive something like 2.7million without any televised games fees which is another 100 odd thousand I believe per game televised, not to be sniffed at.
we have sold players at the right times when its suited us to be honest we made a hell of a lot of cash through player sales in recent years.

our current players who can already make the step up id say are Dickie ,brannagan , eastwood, ruffels, henry, moore, gorrin.

I would sign taylor permanent as he wont cost a fee, we already have woodburn for another season, browne I would buy for 4/500k if we could offer nearly a million for cadden brownes got to be worth that sort of money and we could afford him as he only joined boro for more money and 250k ish.
Keep Kelly and thorne!!!

we would need another striker,right back and a few utility players maybe Holland back on loan, sykes, agyei that defender we bought from eastleigh and we have a strong side there without spending s**t loads of cash. we have some great and expensive assets who I would hope give us a season in the championship and we can look at what they want to do if the right fee comes in off they go. we should walk the play offs with this team!! :) :) lets hope I cannot wait

Last edited:
You’d assume if we were in the Championship then there’d be a few PL clubs willing to give us their promising youngsters to try out at that level, given our seeming ties with Liverpool etc. Also we should be able to pick up some good young players released by the top clubs a la Brannigan, Ledson, Craig Davies et al. Basically do what we’ve been doing just at a higher level!

You’d assume if we were in the Championship then there’d be a few PL clubs willing to give us their promising youngsters to try out at that level, given our seeming ties with Liverpool etc. Also we should be able to pick up some good young players released by the top clubs a la Brannigan, Ledson, Craig Davies et al. Basically do what we’ve been doing just at a higher level!
Craig Davies?

I do feel for BWFC not spending a penny. Must be awfully painful by now.

BWFC have made an official approach for the Barrow manager, Ian Evatt and his Assistant with the compensation figure being reported as £250k upfront. So apparently Bolton have suddenly found some significant money after their money woes in the last year or so and the current uncertainty/lack & loss of income from Coronavirus.

I don't think many football clubs learn and just repeat the same errors.

Edit: They are also under a transfer embargo until the summer of 2021 apparently so can only sign free transfers. Also, supposedly interested in and competing with Swindon, as well as Salford, for Eoin Doyle.

Last edited:
BWFC have made an official approach for the Barrow manager, Ian Evatt and his Assistant with the compensation figure being reported as £250k upfront. So apparently Bolton have suddenly found some significant money after their money woes in the last year or so and the current uncertainty/lack & loss of income from Coronavirus.

haven’t they got a massive loan to repay within a couple of years

haven’t they got a massive loan to repay within a couple of years

Don't know but it comes across as madness on the face of it being in L2 and spending £250k on a management team. It seems a continuation of the financial management of the last however many years. Can always fall back on the CVA approach to financial management again in a few years.

Haven’t they got to repay the 20 million pound loan by the end of next season

Back
Top Bottom