Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

without sounding a bit stupid if woodburn was as bad as some say on here he really wouldn't be on the books of the premiership champions at the age of 20.
I'm not sure anyone is saying he was 'bad'. He got injured and is still young. He really didn't influence many games greatly - quite possibly for those reasons. That's not to say that he won't go on to have a career at the top in football - but there are many youngsters whose promise never quite blossoms into top quality, whoever's books they are on. Sam Deering & Danny Rose are examples off the top of my head - not *bad* players by any means, but not Prem or Championship quality - there are countless others.

I don't care if he lives in my house. He's not good enough right now, when you compare him to Atkinson. We need to manage his development, carefully. Remember, he's only 18. He has all the time in the world to push for his place in the first team. A loan move makes sense.
No one has seen Atkinson play so for now he’s just a non league hopeful. We’ve seen Jones and he’s done well in the first team already

without sounding a bit stupid if woodburn was as bad as some say on here he really wouldn't be on the books of the premiership champions at the age of 20.
Frustrating more than bad. At times you could see, with his shooting, the undoubted talent he has. However, as others had said, he rarely took games by the scruff of the neck. When out injured he seemed to take an age to find form when back and at times was carried by others in the team. We didn't see the best of him unfortunately but I've no doubt there is a great player in there.

He’s got a long contract which he was given after his early ‘hits’. He will play for Liverpool until that contract expires unless he decides to leave. Same as Luke Garbutt, who was an Everton player until he was 27 because he had a long contract. Was he a Premier League quality player because he happened to play for Everton and get paid 28k a week, or did he get his timing right and showed just enough at exactly the right time to get those terms? Between being bombed out of Sheffield United and being largely anonymous here, Ben Woodburn needs to start showing something beyond an impressive parent club.

Hoping for another signing this week, maybe two if we’re lucky. Guess that once Dickie has moved on and we know exactly where we are with the fee it could speed one or two things up. Especially if the PFA’s challenge to the salary cap means it can’t kick in just yet.

He’s got a long contract which he was given after his early ‘hits’. He will play for Liverpool until that contract expires unless he decides to leave. Same as Luke Garbutt, who was an Everton player until he was 27 because he had a long contract. Was he a Premier League quality player because he happened to play for Everton and get paid 28k a week, or did he get his timing right and showed just enough at exactly the right time to get those terms? Between being bombed out of Sheffield United and being largely anonymous here, Ben Woodburn needs to start showing something beyond an impressive parent club.

Hoping for another signing this week, maybe two if we’re lucky. Guess that once Dickie has moved on and we know exactly where we are with the fee it could speed one or two things up. Especially if the PFA’s challenge to the salary cap means it can’t kick in just yet.

I disagree completely I'm afraid a club of liverpools stature they dont and wont keep a player who is s**t at any age its see ya later unlike garbutt at everton there really isn't any comparison. Everton rated him highly its obvious but at 27 and not anywhere near the first team you have no chance, woodburn is 20 and read the reviews club level and international level.....

I disagree completely I'm afraid a club of liverpools stature they dont and wont keep a player who is s**t at any age its see ya later unlike garbutt at everton there really isn't any comparison. Everton rated him highly its obvious but at 27 and not anywhere near the first team you have no chance, woodburn is 20 and read the reviews club level and international level.....
It’s see you later when your contract expires. Until then it’s cheaper to farm the guys out to lower division clubs

Joe Walsh - Wonder if this guy will rock up at Oxford? Signed by KR at MK Dons when they were promoted to the Championship, and has turned down a new deal there. Left footed centre half as well.

Could be a decent shout. Turned down a new contract. As you say left footed and a former KR signing. Rumoured to be another Blackpool target. Picked for Wales often but yet to play a game. Has played for the younger Wales teams.
Only 6ft though so too short like Jake Wright!!?

I get a peaceful easy feeling about Joe Walsh coming to the Kashstad, he’s used to living life in the fast lane, after all.....

IGMC!

So...Dickie to Leeds and JR Grot on loan as part of the deal plus Joe Walsh from Dongs :unsure:

And several million in the back bin to boot. That would really be a rather good bit of business!

Without wishing to get banned, this is a very important consideration and has been raised on this thread - does anyone know if that's the case - if so, we could have a lot of this transfer window left without the salary cap being a constraint.

So did I but I was just pointing out the obvious from what their public comments. :)

It should however help us if we try to get anymore Liverpool players in on loan.
Seems we have built a decent reputation in terms of hosting young loan players with both Man city and Liverpool talking about us in glowing terms, which can't do us any harm in arranging future loans from the big boys

Do we have a sell on for John Lundstram? 4 Premier League clubs in for him according to Sky Sports News.

Back
Top Bottom