Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I read that as them wanting him playing at a higher level this season

So did I but I was just pointing out the obvious from what their public comments. :)

It should however help us if we try to get anymore Liverpool players in on loan.

Honestly, I dont think he is physically strong enough for our league. Too often, he gets muscled off of the ball.

Personally I thought he was just finding his place in the team as just before his injury he had an good impact in central midfield, both attacking and defensively with some crunching tackles springing to mind. Unfortunately then he got injured and he was never properly match fit for us again.

Personally I thought he was just finding his place in the team as just before his injury he had an good impact in central midfield, both attacking and defensively with some crunching tackles springing to mind. Unfortunately then he got injured and he was never properly match fit for us again.
Absolutely spot on and he is only 20 years old. Would love to see him back here.

He was poor in attacking midfield but I remember seeing him in a game at home (can’t remember against who sorry) where he was in central midfield, deeper, and looking very good indeed, 8/10 performance

Have to disagree with you there. A couple of my neighbours are Spitfires supporters and they were gobsmacked when we bought Atkinson. They hadn't seen anything from him that set him above a dozen other Conference CBs. But Nico does seem to have something a bit special and is naturally left-footed. So long as our sports psycho man can keep his head straight I think he will end next season as first choice alongside Moore (unless Dickie stays of course).

Jones needs a season playing football to show what he can do. He won't get that at Oxford, if we are to challenge for promotion. A loan to a conference side. He needs to beef up and cut out silly mistakes, before he progresses.

Jones needs a season playing football to show what he can do. He won't get that at Oxford, if we are to challenge for promotion. A loan to a conference side. He needs to beef up and cut out silly mistakes, before he progresses.
You’re the bloke who doesn’t likelocal players

• Haha
Reactions: m
Can you give an example of the silly mistakes he needs to cut out?

You’re the bloke who doesn’t likelocal players
I don't care if he lives in my house. He's not good enough right now, when you compare him to Atkinson. We need to manage his development, carefully. Remember, he's only 18. He has all the time in the world to push for his place in the first team. A loan move makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom