Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with the Cadden deal is...

I'm not naive enough to think we get loan players who want anything more than a stepping stone. That's fine and par for the course here. But to have a player that explicitly knows they are moving on, regardless if we are top of the table or scrapping relegation isn't right.
I always felt that, with some loanees, if we went up, those deals may go permanent, there was always a chance, and the player and club knows it.

But there is a different commitment here. With other young loanees, who are playing for their future, they commit because they are playing in the shop window, with a reward of game time with their parent club or an other contract with a bigger club (or, in rare cases, with the loaning club)

In Caddens case, come December, he's going to be planning his move, hoping to stay fit, looking forward to a season of soccerball. Wonder how thay might affect his commitment if we're in a scrap, knowing he already has a contract with another club to fulfil. Will he risk injury for the sake of OUFC?

For me, I'd have rather the club went for a lesser squad defender, for cover, who signed a more traditional deal. I don't see what the club stands to gain more than that from the Cadden one.
How do you know this is what’s been set up?

For everbody's info, the "deep pocket" guys on the Board are, at this very moment, funding invoices from the Consultants appointed by them to look at the -so called- '5 sites'. So they are in effect "backing the club" as these fees run in to many thousands. Would most people on here rather we were not doing this?

Absolutely not. A far more pressing need, are players for the upcoming season, quality players.

All about the cheapness. I suspect we saw the initial compo figure, baulked in our usual way, and are now working to get a cheapo deal done.
And is that a bad thing when you see a large number of lower league teams on the edge of the financial abyss? A budget has been allocated, why bust it in these difficult times ?

I wish some of our posters would get real.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but Joey Barton was interviewed by sky after fleetwoods game at Carlisle yesterday.

He was asked about the possibility of Ched Evans going back to Fleetwood and he seemed very confident that it was on the cards

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but Joey Barton was interviewed by sky after fleetwoods game at Carlisle yesterday.

He was asked about the possibility of Ched Evans going back to Fleetwood and he seemed very confident that it was on the cards

makes sense to be fair - ooop North, been there before, a manager who has himself been in hot water and controversy many times

yes and no really.

If he was a key player until Jan, which enabled us to pick up a lot of points, that would be great, but then when he leaves, we've got a gaping hole in our team, that we may struggle to fill.

However, if he knows he's off in Jan, will he be as committed as a perm/season long loan player? Will he throw himself into 50/50 tackles, run himself into the ground, chase lost causes, will he throw his body on the line to block a shot in the 89th minute?

A 6 month loan could go either way really. It could be great, and he could help us make a great start, and build up good momentum for the season, or we could end up carrying a player, who's more interested in simply staying fit, as he knows he'll be off soon anyway.
Youre missing the point with Cadden. Its a cheap way to bolster the squad as the MLS club need our help. Its not a case of whether it works for us.

They’ve got a nice training ground as well. Heard it has bigger windows that let in more natural light, too.

The commitment side of things is a major concern for me with Cadden, but also...how good even is he?
For me, signing Cadden was about how good could he become more than how good he is right now. A small investment that could grow in value if we can settle him in English football. We are talking about a player who has never played for anyone other than Motherwell in the SPL. We’ve seen before it doesn’t matter how well you do up there it doesn’t always mean you will do the same down here.
Cadden spent 4 months of last season out injured and then even when back the general consensus is that he had a poor season by his standards, so it’s not like he’s a player in top form ready for a new challenge.
Wether he signs permanently or on loan it would be harsh to expect him to settle immediately and this is where my loan issue lies. We are going to spend time and effort getting him match fit, settled in English football and then at best get a few of months of him before...see you later Chris, enjoy your new club.
To put it simply, if he somehow ends up here permanently, then I’ll be delighted and well done to the club.
If he signs on loan from the MLS and is here for 6 months, then that’s disappointing for me and I don’t see why we are wasting our time with the deal.
If he signs on loan with the plan being he ends up at Sunderland, well then I think even Scotchegg would post something negative. ?

I was with you all the way, but even this is pushing the boat out!

For everbody's info, the "deep pocket" guys on the Board are, at this very moment, funding invoices from the Consultants appointed by them to look at the -so called- '5 sites'. So they are in effect "backing the club" as these fees run in to many thousands. Would most people on here rather we were not doing this?

A few hundred thousand to a billionaire is like 2-5pence to us. Yes, of course I want them to be looking at ways of getting away from the tyrant Kassam, but we need to focus on the first team first and the rest will fall into place, eventually.

A few hundred thousand to a billionaire is like 2-5pence to us. Yes, of course I want them to be looking at ways of getting away from the tyrant Kassam, but we need to focus on the first team first and the rest will fall into place, eventually.

Its all about priorities.

Zidane talking about Bale's exit from Madrid:

"We hope he leaves soon. It would be best for everyone. We are working on his transfer to a new team."

"The exit is the coach's decision, and also of the player, who knows the situation."

"The situation will change, I do not know if in 24 or 48 hours, but it will - and it's a good thing for everyone."

Game changer. And people were saying we were stupid to be ambitious with our transfer dealings!

Have heard its a season long loan, dont know how true this is,hoping we dont have to wait to much longer to bloody find out

Zidane talking about Bale's exit from Madrid:

"We hope he leaves soon. It would be best for everyone. We are working on his transfer to a new team."

"The exit is the coach's decision, and also of the player, who knows the situation."

"The situation will change, I do not know if in 24 or 48 hours, but it will - and it's a good thing for everyone."

Game changer. And people were saying we were stupid to be ambitious with our transfer dealings!
Better not be an effing loan..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom