Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Wilson would be an interesting one. Very highly rated as a youngster.

Judging by his Instagram account, Tarique Fosu is out in Dubai on holiday so it may simply be we are waiting for him to return before announcing anything.

I think if Oxford are serious about promotion then our rich owners should go for Marc mcnulty of reading. He was a 28 goal a season man for Coventry a couple of years ago and now not wanted by reading who spent a million on him. He is a proven goal scorer who slotted 8 goals for hibs on loan 2nd half of last season. He could easily make us a few quid in a couple of successful years too.
A bit like Smith then.

Danny Wilson would be an interesting one. Very highly rated as a youngster.

Judging by his Instagram account, Tarique Fosu is out in Dubai on holiday so it may simply be we are waiting for him to return before announcing anything.
Fosu no longer out in Dubai. Been back a week or so now. Suppose he's not 100% sure whether this would be a good move for him.

As Wilson played for his current side so recently. It doesn't appear anything can be imminent.

It looks like Danny Wilson played in the US today, so no point stalking the training photos in the next day or two to see if he's here! But he will be match fit and ready to go so an early signing will not be essential.

He is a player who should add stability and experience to our team, and should settle nicely with those coming from north of the border!!

It looks like Danny Wilson played in the US today, so no point stalking the training photos in the next day or two to see if he's here! But he will be match fit and ready to go so an early signing will not be essential.

He is a player who should add stability and experience to our team, and should settle nicely with those coming from north of the border!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190623-153358_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190623-153358_Chrome.jpg
    700.8 KB · Views: 124
We are a div 3 club , constrained even if the billionaires were throwing money in by fair play. We are attempting to buy some impressive players who obviously will have other suitors. Its always been that way for 90% of clubs

Are you saying there are no ways around fair play, such as gifts of money, that other clubs employ.
"but we cannot compete with clubs these players end up at". That sentence agrees with you, if you had read it.

I really can't wait for these impressive players to arrive, to get even more excited about the season ahead.

Are you saying there are no ways around fair play, such as gifts of money, that other clubs employ.
"but we cannot compete with clubs these players end up at". That sentence agrees with you, if you had read it.

I really can't wait for these impressive players to arrive, to get even more excited about the season ahead.
Out of the woodwork . We are a div 3 club, three sided ground and not massive crowds . Wait and see who we do sign but why take such pleasure if a player and their agent choose to sign for another club. We are already losing plenty every year and without decent investment would not be in with even a hope of signings like the ones we are trying to get.

If (and I know it's only an if before the usual jump in) we were to sign Cadden, Fosu and Danny Wilson in addition to Rodriguez, would you be impressed?

I know we'd still need another centre back, striker and possibly full backs, but would that be a decent start?

Stop crying!

If (and I know it's only an if before the usual jump in) we were to sign Cadden, Fosu and Danny Wilson in addition to Rodriguez, would you be impressed?

I know we'd still need another centre back, striker and possibly full backs, but would that be a decent start?

Forget ‘decent’, that would be a fantastic start. The striker is the big worry though, we struggled to identify a proper out and out goal scorer under Appleton and it hasn’t yet happened under Robinson.

Knowing we had a genuine finisher (or two) in the ranks would be a big weight lifted off the manager and players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom