Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the club should be taking out High Court Injunctions against the media leaking these stories to settle our nerves. At least Robbo has maintained a dignified silence.
Fair point BGY but other clubs are managing to complete deals without them being reported first in several different papers and media outlets.

My comment was about the introduction of a new member of staff who is looking at improving the match day experience - which can only be a good thing. We can't change the ground, or Kassam so it's not necessary to bring that up. The club is actively looking to make the best of a bad situation but still people moan.

You really are an A1, *******, I’ll leave others to fill in the blanks. The way you twist things as if people are moaning about the new guy. They’re just merely pointing out that whatever these great people try to do, that A1 plonker Kassam will always take ultimate control. Ultras anyone. Are the doors open for us yet so we can get into the changing rooms for the £750k+ we pay a year for the privilege for? Can we get some revenue through the bars etc?

Fair point BGY but other clubs are managing to complete deals without them being reported first in several different papers and media outlets.

Other teams potential deals are likely to be in the media, but they don't come to our attention. The information from Motherwell appears to be leaked at their end rather than ours, so there's little we can do about that.

You really are an A1, *******, I’ll leave others to fill in the blanks. The way you twist things as if people are moaning about the new guy. They’re just merely pointing out that whatever these great people try to do, that A1 plonker Kassam will always take ultimate control. Ultras anyone. Are the doors open for us yet so we can get into the changing rooms for the £750k+ we pay a year for the privilege for? Can we get some revenue through the bars etc?
Should we not bother then?

I did an analysis based on minutes per goal previously (it is on a thread on this forum somewhere) and Sinclair actually stood up quite well against some of the top scorers in the Division. Not close to the top few but then not many were.

Ignore Sunderland as he mostly played as a wide player rather than the central forward. And considering we have stats when he actually played centrally for us (in the way he will be involved in the team if he signs again) makes the Sunderland stats further irrelevant.

The 4 goals in 16 games is misleading to a degree as he started 10, in which he got subbed off in 6 and he came on as a sub 6 times. It is better to look at the minutes per goal:

He played 942 mins scoring 4 goals. This equals a goal every 236 mins or a goal every 2.6 games. As said this stacks up against others.

Also remember Sinclair didn't score until his 6th game for us and showed considerable improvement in his positioning in front of goal under KR's tutelage (which he acknowledged in interviews). I suspect this improvement will continue next season if we were to sign him again.

Whether he hits 20 I don't know but in a full season (and staying fit), I think he will get close to it.

Stats from Soccerway.

When you say he didn’t score until his 6th game I assume you mean his 6th appearance rather than his 6th 90-minute period (which is what you used for the “goal every 2.6 games”.)
Sorry I’ve always been a pedant, and actually agree with your overall analysis ?

When you say he didn’t score until his 6th game I assume you mean his 6th appearance rather than his 6th 90-minute period (which is what you used for the “goal every 2.6 games”.)
Sorry I’ve always been a pedant, and actually agree with your overall analysis ?

Yes. I could have made it clearer.

While I find kip’s tone on anything OUFC related weirdly negative, he was proven right about the summer transfer window last season.

As last summer, we were told we’d be doing business early, and we haven’t.

I’m not panicking, but the same people who went for him last year are going to do the same again, despite his decent track record.

Fingers crossed he’s wrong this time.

While I find kip’s tone on anything OUFC related weirdly negative, he was proven right about the summer transfer window last season.

I’m not panicking, but the same people who went for him last year are going to do the same again, despite his decent track record.

He also predicted that we were relegated at Christmas.

It's simply down to people having no idea what "doing business early" means. May and June are the two months when 90% of the UK football world closes down. Players, agents, managers go on holiday, spend time with their families etc. But negotiations continue, offers are made and people weigh up their options. Over the next 2 weeks is when business tends to start, and that is when we should judge the club. The neurotic expectations of some on here would be the equivalent of expecting Christmas shopping to be done in September!!

So I'm not sure I'd be using GUK as a barometer for accuracy!!

You were writing precisely the same stuff last year, so I’m not sure you’re anymore accurate.

Thought Robbo was in the Liverpool youth set up not Everton? Another one could be Kevin Campbell but most likely its Jeffers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom