Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
EC Yellow or Scotchers is that our business done or are we after a winger?
I was sure that a deal was done with McCleary so I'm not certain where we stand. My gut feeling is that we had to up our offer for Taylor and have had to tighten up on others coming in. It's possible that we might still bring in a winger but maybe it's worth hanging on for 10 days to see if we pick up any injuries.

At the moment I would see our team as

Eastwood (Stevens)

Cadden (Long)
Dickie (Jones)
Moore (Mous)
Ruffels (Berkoe)

Gorrin (Hanson)
Brannagan (Thorne/Baptiste)

Ageyi (Hall)
Woodburn (Henry)
Fosu (Forde)

Taylor (Mackie)

So although we could still use some out and out pace to cover for Fosu, I'm not sure that we desperately need it and maybe Left Back is where we could do with a little more cover.

Either way, that's as good a squad as I can remember and even the back up team looks f*****g strong!!!

I was sure that a deal was done with McCleary so I'm not certain where we stand. My gut feeling is that we had to up our offer for Taylor and have had to tighten up on others coming in. It's possible that we might still bring in a winger but maybe it's worth hanging on for 10 days to see if we pick up any injuries.

At the moment I would see our team as

Eastwood (Stevens)

Cadden (Long)
Dickie (Jones)
Moore (Mous)
Ruffels (Berkoe)

Gorrin (Hanson)
Brannagan (Thorne/Baptiste)

Ageyi (Hall)
Woodburn (Henry)
Fosu (Forde)

Taylor (Mackie)

So although we could still use some out and out pace to cover for Fosu, I'm not sure that we desperately need it and maybe Left Back is where we could do with a little more cover.

Either way, that's as good a squad as I can remember and even the back up team looks f*****g strong!!!
Managers and I’m sure Karl is no different always want an extra one, no matter how many they’ve got!

Appreciate we are only 3 games in (and might jinx tomorrow) but Henry has looked far brighter this year so far, and his partnership with Cadden shows promise. I also think Mous has done alright. Whilst I cant imagine the latter will keep Moore out of the side for too long, regardless, I'm not sure Henry needs to lose his spot to Agyei in the short term...

Appreciate we are only 3 games in (and might jinx tomorrow) but Henry has looked far brighter this year so far, and his partnership with Cadden shows promise. I also think Mous has done alright. Whilst I cant imagine the latter will keep Moore out of the side for too long, regardless, I'm not sure Henry needs to lose his spot to Agyei in the short term...

I would think the difference would be pace. A front 4 of Ageyi, Woodburn, Fosu and Taylor would absolutely terrify most defences. But it's a fantastic position to be able to switch those for the likes of Henry, Hall, Forde or Mackie, or even Brannagan or Baptiste in the no.10 role.

We have undoubtedly lost some pace this summer...however, I wonder if this is a slight change going for more creativity than raw pace.

Henry/Woodburn/Fosu seems like a decent mix along with Forde who has quality out wide.

Last year we suffered with cynical fouls on the counter due to the pace - I wonder if that went against us and therefore we have gone for players that will maybe offload a little sooner?

Not saying we are lacking any pace - we just aren't as electric as last year

We have undoubtedly lost some pace this summer...however, I wonder if this is a slight change going for more creativity than raw pace.

Henry/Woodburn/Fosu seems like a decent mix along with Forde who has quality out wide.

Last year we suffered with cynical fouls on the counter due to the pace - I wonder if that went against us and therefore we have gone for players that will maybe offload a little sooner?

Not saying we are lacking any pace - we just aren't as electric as last year
Yes I agree. KR was very keen to get in a pact wide Man. It is the only thing that we appear to be missing although if Fosu and Ageyi are fit thus will be less of a problem.
As others have speculated on, maybe we have upped the money on Taylor and need to offload players to get anybody else in?

Yes I agree. KR was very keen to get in a pact wide Man. It is the only thing that we appear to be missing although if Fosu and Ageyi are fit thus will be less of a problem.
As others have speculated on, maybe we have upped the money on Taylor and need to offload players to get anybody else in?

KR loves pace out wide but many teams we will play, with our passing game will just low block us and sit back - I think we have been clever bringing players in that can combat that whilst keeping some pace for the counter.

Reportedly we had a smaller budget this year - however I imagine some of the Whyte money has gone in to recruitment.

If we are done in the transfer window I would be more than happy - another winger would be ideal but maybe being greedy with Baptiste etc coming back.

Plus need to be mindful of not blocking the pathways into the first team for our 18s/23s

Not happy with the business done today.

Unfortunately with us signing our final two players two weeks before the transfer deadline, we've failed to maximise the number of comments on this thread.

The dream of a 10k thread will have to wait another year.
still have one more loan spot available........

Don’t start crowing. We don’t own our ground and it’s not at all clear what would happen if Tiger and co get bored

I can understand fans worrying about us signing or not signing players. Nobody....nobody not even KR was confident and happy with how things were going. We we certainly missing out on targets because KR came out and said so himself. The start of the season was looming fast before we really made any progress. Just shows how good our recruitment has become if we can go down the list and still bring in who we have.
But really, let’s not start worrying about what might happen when Tiger et al move on.

Just enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Not happy with the business done today.

Unfortunately with us signing our final two players two weeks before the transfer deadline, we've failed to maximise the number of comments on this thread.

The dream of a 10k thread will have to wait another year.
There’s always January!

Pace isn't necessarily everything.

Yes, it's obviously important to have some pace in any team, and we've lost some very fast players in Whyte and Browne, but we do have plenty of players with perfectly decent pace, and none of them are by any means slow, but more importantly, in my opinion, these players, whilst maybe not the fastest, have bags of talent, and by the looks of things, a really good team mentality and work ethic, which has led to some excellent team performances so far this season.

Some of the best players of all time weren't blessed with blistering pace, and some of the best teams of all time weren't super speedy, look at Man Utd's 1999 treble winners for example: Neville, Irwin, Stam, Jonson, Beckham, Scholes, Keane, Giggs, Yorke, Cole.
With the exception of Giggs, none of those players were blessed with lightning speed, but they could still shift, and were powerful, talented players, with a real work ethic and team mentality, which is often more effective in the long run, and they didn't do too badly did they?!?

I think we've already shown that we can tear teams apart without the need for blistering pace throughout the team, and now we have a proper goalscoring striker in Taylor, who's pretty nippy himself, I'm not too concerned.

I thought Agyei was a centre forward not a winger?
He's a striker, but no reason why he can't play as one of a front 3. I would imagine that instead of the 4-2-3-1 that we've played with 3 behind Mackie, we'll go more 4-2-1-3 with Woodburn sitting a little deeper and Ageyi, Taylor and Fosu switching across the front 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom