Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit sad, he’s one of their best ever scorers isn’t he?

Reminds me of the saga with that bid by Swindon for James Constable and he turned it down. Wonder what our thoughts would have been of Constable making the move to our rivals?

Interesting that there seems to be no article concerning the signing of Taylor or Thorne on the BBC Sport website. Maybe BBC Oxford Sport are awaiting a third one before going to publish?

Edit: Panic stations over, article now up.

Last edited:
Having come back a broken man from Blackpool after a weekend of excess this has really perked up the Monday spirits! Perhaps Admin should delete the first 200 odd pages of this doom mongering thread ????

No! We had to go through the pain of those 200 pages to earn these signings. These signings were forged in the sweat and tears of those 200 pages!

Two cracking signings what a day to be an OUFC supporter a lot of teams in this league must be looking and thinking OUFC are going places this season now we built steady in the summer let’s build steady in the league and get in the top two come may ???

Reminds me of the saga with that bid by Swindon for James Constable and he turned it down. Wonder what our thoughts would have been of Constable making the move to our rivals?

Some of our supporters have never forgiven Joey for wearing red, even though he eventually saw the light and returned home.

Some of our supporters have never forgiven Joey for wearing red, even though he eventually saw the light and returned home.

I love the fact Joey cost Swindon an absolute fortune whilst we got him back from them for relative peanuts and of course the celebration at the Manor when he scored. He probably delayed the club collapsing financially for a few years giving us that wonderful promotion season and the few years following.

This could be a very smart signing. Gorrin racking up cards and bring Thorne in as Hanson mentor to give him someone to learn from.
Presumably Thorne and Hanson know each other pretty well.

Well what a great window that has been. Signing players with potential and ‘been there done it’ players like Taylor. Fair play to Tiger and the Board. There was me fearing the worst!

Chuck a match fit Baptiste in and a fitter Rob Hall (give him time!) then that will be some strength in depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom