Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
In January, he'll have 6 months left on his contract and would only be recalled if he was needed to play regularly, otherwise it's a waste of a wage for Bristol City to pick up. Even if he lit league 1 up between now and Christmas, the Championship is another level and one he hasn't been particularly strong at. I would think it's exceptionally unlikely that anyone would be interested in a recall in January so I wouldn't worry just yet.

of course so you don't expect us to sign him full time either then?

Cadden should tell em to FO

Actually, "very likely" leaves some room for manoeuvre. I'd thought that he was definitely going to head to Columbus in January, but maybe he'll stick around a bit longer. Which would be fantastic.

[EDIT: Damn....I was expecting "reply" to show the entire post, including what BM was quoting, which was the post saying that the Crew were "very likely" to recall him in January. Mods: why doesn't "reply" do that?]

• React
Reactions: Ian
Actually, "very likely" leaves some room for manoeuvre. I'd thought that he was definitely going to head to Columbus in January, but maybe he'll stick around a bit longer. Which would be fantastic.

[EDIT: Damn....I was expecting "reply" to show the entire post, including what BM was quoting, which was the post saying that the Crew were "very likely" to recall him in January. Mods: why doesn't "reply" do that?]

I'd assume to stop individual posts becoming so long and making the thread difficult to read.

I'd assume to stop individual posts becoming so long and making the thread difficult to read.
Well, yes, you're probably correct...but my reply to you doesn't make much sense without access to the post to which you're referring.

I would guess that we've either got something in place to turn it into a permanent deal in January. Far more likely to happen than him going back to Bristol City.

But surely if Bristol wont recall him as they don't want a wage for a player who hasn't proved himself in the Championship why would we sign him given we all hope we're heading that way? also come Jan he is free to talk to other clubs so potentially Agents still hold all the aces and we're going to go through it all again.

re Cadden, although sounding likely that he'll be gone in january, doesn't it depend on whether player and both clubs are in agreement?
if he's happy here would it not be possible he stays and then joins up with 'the crew' in may?

But surely if Bristol wont recall him as they don't want a wage for a player who hasn't proved himself in the Championship why would we sign him given we all hope we're heading that way? also come Jan he is free to talk to other clubs so potentially Agents still hold all the aces and we're going to go through it all again.

Yes, lots of unknowns - none of which are worth worrying about right now!

re Cadden, although sounding likely that he'll be gone in january, doesn't it depend on whether player and both clubs are in agreement?
if he's happy here would it not be possible he stays and then joins up with 'the crew' in may?
He is a Columbus player so it depends on what they want. But I'm sure discussions will be ongoing and we could secure a loan extension.

That isn't what the head honcho of the American club has said (I've quoted him somewhere on here). He said that he'll be with us for 'Summer and Fall' and will join them in January for the start of their season. Of course, anything CAN change, but to imagine that the plan is anything but that is surely 'hopeful'.

That isn't what the head honcho of the American club has said (I've quoted him somewhere on here). He said that he'll be with us for 'Summer and Fall' and will join them in January for the start of their season. Of course, anything CAN change, but to imagine that the plan is anything but that is surely 'hopeful'.
If we are doing well come January I imagine it will be much easier to get a quality replacement in on loan or permanently.

If we are doing well come January I imagine it will be much easier to get a quality replacement in on loan or permanently.
Indeed and I suspect Cadden was too good not to go after, even if we only have him until Christmas. But I imagine that getting a quality replacement is already on the "recruitment team's" January to do list!

fair enough. we’ll see in january one way or the other.
wasn’t sure on Cadden but the little i’ve seen he’s a good player.
trust in KR to be looking for a replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom