Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derby forum on Thorne:
Sounds like he is more of a defensive than attacking midfielder, I was under the impression it was vice versa. Very complementary of him before his injuries (predicting he'd be a PL and even international player), might be worth a gamble on loan like Holmes last year?

He is a DM. A loan hasn't been discussed. Derby want him off their payroll, but his injury issues mean there are few interested clubs.

We believe he failed a medical this week... So a huge risk to take him on.

Our coverage with DMs does mean me may take the risk. Depending if he can get through the medical!

Perhaps he's just got a minor issue at the moment unrelated to the past problems and the club is simply being cautious yond holding back fery a week or two.

He is a DM. A loan hasn't been discussed. Derby want him off their payroll, but his injury issues mean there are few interested clubs.

We believe he failed a medical this week... So a huge risk to take him on.

Our coverage with DMs does mean me may take the risk. Depending if he can get through the medical!

Perhaps he's just got a minor issue at the moment unrelated to the past problems and the club is simply being cautious and holding back for a week or two.

Could also be that the contract will be restructured/renegotiated to take the medical situation into account (e.g. less basic wage and more on appearance fee).

You can argue that. In my view it just loads the squad with ballast and prevents us getting or developing an option that won't be worse 99% of the time.

Perhaps Derby need to agree to pay some of his existing contract for him to leave. All we can do is speculate...

Hopefully, he's fit enough for us to sign and any existing contract issues can be resolved, and he can rebuild his career.

Sorry, we are already looking after Hall (a talented player who may or may not ever fully recover/escape from his injuries) - hiring another one in a small squad after last season's debacle with Holmes seems like stupidity! If we have money to 'gamble' I'd spend it on a fit up and coming youngster (as to be fair, we seem to have done in other positions).

Most teams around us tend to play with a lump up top!
Might prove problematic finding a couple of pacy strikers.
Alex Samuel -Wycombe and Danny Rose -Mansfield could fit the bill.

It all started with Will Hoskins. It should've ended with him, too.

The exact plqyer which came to mind for me too. I’d let another club take the risk and accept that he might be a great player who comes good elsewhere.

Thorne is 1.88 m. My theory is that robbo is building a team of giants so we can replicate the wimbledon team of 88.

KR doesn’t rate Hanson at all and we could still see Mous leave if other players arrive, so I can see why he is interested...

That was certainly true last season, however I’m sure KR has talked about significant improvements in Hanson’s performance during pre-season.

No-one knows who drove the Hanson deal last season, KR seemed to distance himself from it. Regardless, it’s not the first or won’t be the last signing that doesn’t go to plan. You never know he may get a run of games and change opinions yet, but the reason KR is looking at Thorne is he believes he is better than what he already has.

• React
Reactions: Ian
No-one knows who drove the Hanson deal last season, KR seemed to distance himself from it. Regardless, it’s not the first or won’t be the last signing that doesn’t go to plan. You never know he may get a run of games and change opinions yet, but the reason KR is looking at Thorne is he believes he is better than what he already has.
Better when fit and injury free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom