Transfer News Transfer targets summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give the bloke a break. I know he works incredibly hard and whilst understandably not able to divulge everything i thought he spoke well enough but some will always have their knife into him, possibly due to his education background
He commented on some things that he didn't have a remit for but he did on many matters very well so no problem and as they all work closely together then he pretty much knew what was going on anyway.

All in all, a good listen however, McWilliams is the most patronising prat going. Drop the management speak, stop making out we fans know nothing about business and learn that communicating is more than a few nonsense quotes to the press.
Was it your question he was vague with?

when the list of potential new players was being ready out the Burnley striker and elliot moore were mentioned and kr said something along the lines of 'oh they're good players' which i took as tongue in cheek in that they are signing

Was it your question he was vague with?
Yup. I asked about the charge and repayment to Ensco as well but that was duplicated by another text question. He dodged that as well with some B*****s about a payment schedule.
He obviously still believes that he does not need to explain himself to us lesser mortals. (headmaster and pupils)

Where are the usual suspects? ?‍♂️
Why post that, the"usual suspects" had genuine concerns over the lack of any signings, everyone will be delighted we have made some and they look decent as well, let,s all rejoice in that rather than finger pointing, i,m now a lot more positive, it,s a shame we have left it this late in the day as will be a few weeks before everything gels you would imagine.

All in all, a good listen however, McWilliams is the most patronising prat going. Drop the management speak, stop making out we fans know nothing about business and learn that communicating is more than a few nonsense quotes to the press.
I totally agree @Manorlounger, he obviously believes we are all straw chewing country bumpkins and do not understand the complexity of running a business. Granted that a football club (ours including) doesn’t necessarily follow general commercial templates of the real world, but don’t preach to us like we are kids in such a patronising manner. Some of us have read the book and have the tee shirt, experience and the resultant grey hair in running multi million pound business’s and commercial operations. Rant over !! Back to my homework now McWilliams

That was the impression that I was given yesterday. I’m giving you the information as I get get it.

It may be that Agyei was the preferred choice but someone else has now come to the fore that the management prefer.

KR said on the radio he had spoken to Burnley regarding a player, the he was asked about Moore and Thorne and said they are good players. I got the impression we are close on all three, so your info EcYellow may still be correct.

Just been speaking to my Derby County mate and his son about George Thorne. They said "first on the team sheet if fit" and his 22 year old son says "best player he's seen in a Derby shirt after Mason Mount".
They would never be parting with him if he could keep fit.

Thorne has a calf injury at the moment. Not sure when he's expected to recover from that. It'd be a risk, like Rob Hall.

I'm intrigued as to who this striker is who appears to have jumped (or flown) above Agyei on the wanted list. Or was it not specifically a striker that was flying in? In which case, could it be Moore flying from Belgium or is he already here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom